Invite to the club - ex will be there

So anyways I was talking with an acquiantence of mine at the club tonight, and he offered me a spot to the guest list to a club on Saturday. The girl in charge of the whole thing is very hot, and she's also the best friend of my 'ex' (we'll just call her my ex to make the situation easier.) When I found out it was this girl who was running the whole thing...I thought immediately that I shouldn't go because my ex will be there and I don't know if I can handle it. I would really like to go...but again the fact that I know my ex will be there has me worried. I don't know how I will react. If I can hook up with some girls there then I know she will get jealous and start chasing after me, but then again if I see her with other guys I know I will get upset and I'm not sure how I will take it. I'd love to be on the guest list, but not sure if I can handle seeing my ex in this kind of environment. I mean I should be able to live my life without having to revolve it around my ex, right? But then again maybe I do...:( What should I do?

PS - I just checked out this club on the web, and it's playing house music which is my favourite type. This looks really fun.

No offense, but this all seems like meaningless and childish crap? I guess I can understand your feelings over an obviously intense relationship that probably had an equally intense breakup, but you need to get over this girl instead of trying to make her jealous or whatever you are trying to emulate from your highschool days (or are you still in HS?). Anyway, get your ex out of your head for good (seriously learn how to get over someone), and I would suuggest that you not go since you aren't there yet emotionally.

• Author

I'm not interested in going just to make her jealous, that's for sure. I was just stating what would happen if I met some girls while I was over there. If I knew she wasn't going to be there, I would go in a heartbeat. I would rather avoid her altogether, but I know i'll bump into her if I go. But i'm not sure how I'm gonna handle everything so that's the tough decision. Anyways point taken, 1 vote so far for a no go.

elijahBailey

I've an esoteric way of handling situations like these. If it bothers me, I'd give myself a kick in the ass and make myself go and confront it. Sometimes the way to handle your problems is to go face it. If you don't go, you'll always be thinking... 'dang... I wonder....' Sure, you'll be uncomfortable there, but, seriously, it's really nothing you can't handle. Just don't go pick a fight that's all :)

you've given me some good advice before, so i'll share my opinion. if you are unsure about whether or not you want to go, you are not ready to handle this kind of situation. if she's there flirting with some guy it will no doubt cause you a lot of unneeded stress. there are thousands of clubs man, go find somewhere else to go. trust me, you don't wanna be there if you are unsure if you can handle it.

• Author

Thanks for the replies. If it was just any club I wouldn't have any trouble not going...but it's playing some awesome house music, I'm on the guest list...theres gonna be a great chance to meet people and I get to hang out with some guys I don't normally get a chance to spend much time with. Anyways last night as I was coming home I was thinking whether I should go or not, and I've decided I'm not gonna attend the club. I just have no clue what would happen if I went. Will she bring a bf? Will other guys hit on her (knowing her she'll probably be sure to flaunt guys in front of me.) It's just too much potential stress and worry and I feel I'd be better off just not even going in the first place.

Originally posted by blue16

Thanks for the replies. If it was just any club I wouldn't have any trouble not going...but it's playing some awesome house music, I'm on the guest list...theres gonna be a great chance to meet people and I get to hang out with some guys I don't normally get a chance to spend much time with. Anyways last night as I was coming home I was thinking whether I should go or not, and I've decided I'm not gonna attend the club. I just have no clue what would happen if I went. Will she bring a bf? Will other guys hit on her (knowing her she'll probably be sure to flaunt guys in front of me.) It's just too much potential stress and worry and I feel I'd be better off just not even going in the first place.

Oh Come on! You are making up reasons to go to this thing. Who cares about a dumb party ? You will go to hundreds of them in your lifetime! It just seems that you are still obsessed with your ex. and you are flirting with the idea of trying to "keep up with the Jones" by having a "hotter" girl on your arm. You need to deal with this, beacause it's a problem with *you* and A symptom of this behavior is to torture yourself by going to the party when you aren't over her, we've all had these feelings, and we've all done it. It won't be a big deal if you go, but man, why even bother! Maybe it works for other people to go see the ex but if I'm not over her, I would try to stay away...

• Author

I don't know if you misread my post or not...but I did mention I wasn't going. All I said was that the party looks like a great time...but I shouldn't go because I'll bump into her. I'm not looking for an excuse to see her, because I won't be attending.

I guess, my advice comes too late but I think you should have gone. I think that's something that you should never do, hiding because of another person.