Best Friend's Mom

I'm here staying with my best friend, Brandie, in Virginia. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, I had to go spend last night and today with two different friends of mine that otherwise would have gone without seeing me after I haven't been here for three years. Well, when I get back from Vince's house (long story...), Brandie and I head upstairs so that we can talk in privacy about what had happened while I was over there. While I'm up there, Brandie's like "Hey I wanna get a Slurpee" since the 7-11 is like two blocks away from us. I go for my money, but Brandie's like, hey, let me try and get a couple bucks from my mom. "Sure, why not" I say, us walking down the stairs. Well, her mom says no, so I go back upstairs and grab a 5 out of my wallet. We come back down and say that we're going to go, and Brandie's mom's like, well, I thought ya'll didn't have money and then she starts making this big thing out of it and finally Brandie sends me outside to talk to her mom alone...Turns out, Brandie's mom was under the impression that I was going to be there the entire week and so forth, so she thought that I was blowing Brandie off; that I was using her for something or other. That took me by complete surprise. I would never do anything to hurt her like that. Now listen, me and Brandie have been friends for over three years, even with the 1500 mile separation. We've been through hell and back again without breaking a sweat. This is my soulmate, in a strictly platonic way. And her mom KNOWS that. I have never felt so...let down...as I have tonight. Like she doesn't trust me or something...I dunno. It's getting late...I'm gonna go.