I’ve been in love one year with my coworker and it’s making me miserable

First of all, sorry for my English.

One year ago I started falling for my coworker. We had so many things in common that it slowly developed to love. I waited to see her everyday and it kept me very motivated in my job. I asked her to go out one time, and even if she agreed to see me, finally we didn’t do it.

I knew she was dating other guys, but I kept giving my best, hoping someday she would give me a chance.

For the record, when I got to my actual job, she was just ending a relationship. Her boyfriend of years was cheating on her and she was very devastated and angry at men.

One day we were talking and she told me that she was very happy because she was dating a guy that she had an old crush on. I was devastated and slowly started to accept that she never was interested in me. At this moment they are still together and the relationship is starting to look more serious.

I was miserable and eventually, in a very gently and respectfully way, declared my love to her. She said to me that she only saw me as a coworker and a friend. She is still very nice to me and the love I feel for her is making me miserable. I want to move on but I see her everyday... I’m seriously thinking about changing jobs. Even as I try to focus on being the best version of me and being occupied in other activities, I don’t know if I can keep on this. As I said, it is even interfering romantically and sexually with other girls, because she is always on my mind.

I’m thinking of searching for other jobs and not falling for a coworker ever again. I would love any advice on this subject.

Thank you very much!

My heart breaks for you. Unrequited love is very painful.

That said, divest yourself of the idea that you are in love with her. You are not. You don't even know her romantically. You have never been on a date. You have a crush on her but not love.

She has told you where you stand: a work colleague & friend. Harden your heart to that because you will never be more to her.

It's good that you are trying to date other women. Hopefully when another woman returns your affection you will forget about this colleague.