How do you talk to girls in college?

In one of my college classess, there's this girl who I think is pretty good looking and I'd like to try and get to know her. Problem is, I am not good at social conversations and get anxious sometimes talking to people or asking them things. Another thing is, she usually sits in a specific spot in class near her friends so if I try to do the same, it would look odd I presume. What tips does anyone have maybe?

• Like 1

Just making sure you have an answer: You will have to approach her in front of her friends, since the chances of getting to her alone are slim. The key however is that you will have to work on your conversational skills, as you will have to have something to say after you got the courage to approach her. Aside from her looks, does she know anything about you or vice versa?

In either case, practice casual conversation with those you can easily talk to.

Smile. Ask if she will loan you her notes. If you are doing something "public" and fun over the weekend, invite her & her friends along . . . sort of I'm going to the movie screening on campus or the Alpha Beta Gamma fraternity party -- maybe I'll see you there.

• Author

Ok, so today in class, I was sitting right across from her and I noticed she nearly fell asleep and the lecturer was walking around and noticed as well and he subtly tapped her awake, which I saw as I was looking around the room. Not too long after, she then looked at me and maybe she thought I thought I was staring at her or something, which could be pretty awkward. Should I maybe message her and tell her that wasn't the case or will that make it worse?

In that situation, that gives you an excuse to just say "You weren't the only one about to fall asleep in that class yesterday. Boring, huh?"

First off, you need to find out if this girl is single or not. Do you know her first and last name? At certain colleges, you can see the names of people enrolled in your class by checking online. If possible, use this to find out her first and last name. Then you will want to look her up on Facebook to check and see if she has a boyfriend so you're not wasting your time...

And if you can't figure out whether she's single or not, just talk to her anyways. Oftentimes, a girl who has a boyfriend will somehow mention it to you early on in conversation. For instance, you ask her about what kind of dog she owns, she might say something like my boyfriend has a border collie etc... A lot of women do this and this is a subtle way of letting you know she's unavaliable so don't even think about trying to ask her out.

Assuming you look her up and find out she's single, what you need to do next is arrive to class about 10-15 minutes early and sit near where she's sitting. She and her friends will start talking, try to join in on the conversation somehow. For instance, if they're talking about how the teacher smells really bad, make a comment saying "yeah iv'e noticed he farts really loudly too" this is how you get your foot in the door to their social group. Then once you're in their social group, you continue by asking them a question to keep the conversation going. For instance, how was the homework assignment? Then afterwards, talk to this girl after class as you two are walking out.

Remember one thing, don't forget to SMILE. This is something that a lot of guys miss, but it's important. Smiling makes you seem like less of a threat and if a woman get's a creepy vibe from you, it's over, you've already lost.

Another thing to avoid is to hitting on and asking out multiple girls in the class. Girls notice this and they will be incredibly turned off by this. Why? For one thing, you're talking to a girl and she doesn't like you or she rejects you, other girls might notice this and will believe since this girl doesn't want you, then you must be a bad catch so they won't want you either. An example of negative social proof. Another reason for not hitting on multiple girls in a class is because you're giving off a desperate vibe, and desperation is one of the most unattractive traits a man can have.

You can avoid this though by being friendly and being talkative to everyone, not just girls but guys too. Then the girl will think you're a friendly guy to everyone and not having a hidden agenda just by only talking to the pretty girls.

Edited by GuitarGuy7
  • Author
In that situation, that gives you an excuse to just say "You weren't the only one about to fall asleep in that class yesterday. Boring, huh?"

So should I message her about that or not then? I feel it might be awkward.

• Author
First off, you need to find out if this girl is single or not. Do you know her first and last name? At certain colleges, you can see the names of people enrolled in your class by checking online. If possible, use this to find out her first and last name. Then you will want to look her up on Facebook to check and see if she has a boyfriend so you're not wasting your time...

And if you can't figure out whether she's single or not, just talk to her anyways. Oftentimes, a girl who has a boyfriend will somehow mention it to you early on in conversation. For instance, you ask her about what kind of dog she owns, she might say something like my boyfriend has a border collie etc... A lot of women do this and this is a subtle way of letting you know she's unavaliable so don't even think about trying to ask her out.

Assuming you look her up and find out she's single, what you need to do next is arrive to class about 10-15 minutes early and sit near where she's sitting. She and her friends will start talking, try to join in on the conversation somehow. For instance, if they're talking about how the teacher smells really bad, make a comment saying "yeah iv'e noticed he farts really loudly too" this is how you get your foot in the door to their social group. Then once you're in their social group, you continue by asking them a question to keep the conversation going. For instance, how was the homework assignment? Then afterwards, talk to this girl after class as you two are walking out.

Remember one thing, don't forget to SMILE. This is something that a lot of guys miss, but it's important. Smiling makes you seem like less of a threat and if a woman get's a creepy vibe from you, it's over, you've already lost.

Another thing to avoid is to hitting on and asking out multiple girls in the class. Girls notice this and they will be incredibly turned off by this. Why? For one thing, you're talking to a girl and she doesn't like you or she rejects you, other girls might notice this and will believe since this girl doesn't want you, then you must be a bad catch so they won't want you either. An example of negative social proof. Another reason for not hitting on multiple girls in a class is because you're giving off a desperate vibe, and desperation is one of the most unattractive traits a man can have.

You can avoid this though by being friendly and being talkative to everyone, not just girls but guys too. Then the girl will think you're a friendly guy to everyone and not having a hidden agenda just by only talking to the pretty girls.

I see, what should i do on the class interaction?

• Author

Well, I checked FB and saw she has a BF...darn. Oh well, guess I should give up or should I at least try to establish a friendship?