Is it possible a guy just want a sport company?

Met this guy only one time last summer on a group hiking meetup. we chatted a bit about snowboarding. Then he msg me on meetup months later asking me if I bought a new board.

now he asked me if I want to go night snowboarding. I almost always go boarding and skiing alone. besides I am a loner, I also find going alone is flexible, I can go anytime I want without have to talk and wait for someone else. but I do prefer a company though.

The question is: is it possible to be just a sport buddy? I have zero interest in him. I doubt...I have a few similar experience with other men in the past. all not attractive...just fizzled out.

um.....if you were me, what would you do and think? what exactly is his motivation? he has no other snowboarding buddies?

The question is: is it possible to be just a sport buddy?
Yes but see below
what exactly is his motivation?

You know the guy, at least a bit. So you have a better sense of his motivation. But if it was me, it would be a play for a dating relationship. In fact what I'd be doing is asking a woman I was already dating if she'd enjoy a snowboarding date (however I ski rather than ride). The upsides are having someone you know to ride the lift with(which takes more time out of the day than the time on the snow) AND that lift ride can be pretty romantic - it's cold but there are few places as 'alone together' (don't let a third backside join you and your date on the triple and don't ride the quad).

• Author
Yes but see below

You know the guy, at least a bit. So you have a better sense of his motivation. But if it was me, it would be a play for a dating relationship. In fact what I'd be doing is asking a woman I was already dating if she'd enjoy a snowboarding date (however I ski rather than ride). The upsides are having someone you know to ride the lift with(which takes more time out of the day than the time on the snow) AND that lift ride can be pretty romantic - it's cold but there are few places as 'alone together' (don't let a third backside join you and your date on the triple and don't ride the quad).

I have only met the person once in my life and that was last summer. I don't want to go and then turn out he has ulterior motive which I think is the case.

life is funny....the one I have physical attraction doesn't ask me to go out with him. always the ones I have no interest. why is that with life?

I have only met the person once in my life and that was last summer. I don't want to go and then turn out he has ulterior motive which I think is the case.

life is funny....the one I have physical attraction doesn't ask me to go out with him. always the ones I have no interest. why is that with life?

often the way l think spring, that one liking us back.

l'd stay out of it , l agree with the others think he has ideas or he'd probably rather go alone too.

Man l'd love to live in the snow. And the lifts sound very cool too, great views to l bet.

great views to l bet.

Off topic, Chilli, but the second best views are looking down from the top of the mountain at the other snow-capped mountains running off into the distance. The best views are in tight sweaters and ski pants in the lodge around the fire with mugs of hot chocolate in their hands and with that sweet, wide, closed-lip smile, sparkling eyes, and glow of tiredness from a day of physical activity :love:.

• Like 1
  • Author
often the way l think spring, that one liking us back.

l'd stay out of it , l agree with the others think he has ideas or he'd probably rather go alone too.

Man l'd love to live in the snow. And the lifts sound very cool too, great views to l bet.

um....it's not totally rosy though. while it's true that the closest local ski hill is 20km away. but it's really cold here in the east coast. yesterday, it was around -20. It ain't fun sitting on a lift in freezing cold and it takes FOREVER to get you to the top and then it takes you 1 minute to come down.:rolleyes:

A few days ago. It rained cat and dog in the morning and then in the afternoon and night, it snowed cat and dog and freezing cold too.

Must be much nicer in the west coast though. the east coast is icy too, while the west coast is warmer and has much more snow. how come the west gets the best of everything?

• Like 1
  • Author
Off topic, Chilli, but the second best views are looking down from the top of the mountain at the other snow-capped mountains running off into the distance. The best views are in tight sweaters and ski pants in the lodge around the fire with mugs of hot chocolate in their hands and with that sweet, wide, closed-lip smile, sparkling eyes, and glow of tiredness from a day of physical activity :love:.

you are so poetic...it's true though, if we drive 1, 2, 3 or 5 hours to the real big mountains of Mont Tremblant in Quebec, White face in VT, etc...on a nice day. I want to go to Europe and the west coast in the future for ski trips...They are much nicer even, I believe. maybe need to be friend with him so that I can have company to long distance trips?

Edited by Springsummer