Should I follow THIS girl on social media?

elchupanibre

Ok so around November a girl started working at my company. She was on a short-term contract for the busy festive period, so she has left now. Since she worked in a different department to me, I never got a chance to talk to her (Apart from greeting her twice in passing.)

I do, however, know her name. To my shame (but since we're all friends here) I've checked out her social media.

Because of privacy settings, I can't befriend her on Facebook, but I can follow her on Instagram. And, just to say, she will likely recognise me from my profile picture.

So, people, I ask:

1) Should I do this?

2) If the answer is yes, what do I do from there? Do I make a creepy dash or the DMs? And, if so, what do I say?

Why would you not find a reason or just make up a reason to go to her dept and say "Hey, there ya are, I miss you, wanna do lunch or something?"

Why would you not find a reason or just make up a reason to go to her dept and say "Hey, there ya are, I miss you, wanna do lunch or something?"

She no longer works there. Though he can e-contact her and

still say that he misses her and ask her to lunch.

• Author
elchupanibre

Mr.Me - She doesn't work in my company anymore. She was a temp. Just there for the festive period.

My fault, I missed that part.

Do you know anything about her and where she might hang out for fun?

I might make an appearance there and see if something happens. Just make it casual and not stalker creepy. If there is an interest in you it should pretty obvious coming from her.

I don't like FakeBook, FaceBook, whatever you call it for human interaction. It just doesn't work even though I do have FB account and use it nearly everyday. If someone wants too they can PM me for my real name.

The fact that she's got strong privacy settings on FB tells me that she doesn't appreciate being friended/followed by those who are not of her choosing. The only way in would have been to talk with her while you were together and have her WANT to add you to her life.

Too little, too late. I'm sorry.

• Like 1

Message her and explain that you remember meeting her at work, but didn't get a chance to properly chat. Ask to catch up over coffee/lunch. The worst thing that can happen is she'll say no. But she already knows who you are, so it's not as creepy as if you were someone she's never met.

Sure her privacy settings are high, but there's a chance she might just be highly wary of online security, rather than choosiness about who her friends are. There's really only one way to find out.

• 2 weeks later...

I think any way to do it, it might come across as stalking and creepy. Especially if you text and send messages right from the get go.

What are your intentions?

I guess what you could do is subtly follow her on one media platform and sublty like occasional posts and slowly increase from there. Maybe it will work.