Tips with this girl?

A few months back, this girl messaged me, we were friends for a while beforehand but due to some circumstances we stopped talking (not directly between us). She would initiate every day, and even drunk texted me the odd time. I didn't meet up with her because my friends didn't like her, and so if I went with her, they would cut me off too. I talked to her every day for a while with her initiating mostly and it was fun and friendly conversations. All of a sudden however I realised I like this girl as more than a friend. I therefore started initiating more often. I asked her out alone time and she flaked (legitimately or not still idk) but she did ask me to meet on that Saturday. I was legitimately busy that day and so I couldn't. We still talk and stuff but over time it has dwindled and she doesn't try to keep a conversation going like she used to. I made the rookie mistake of telling her I liked her, she thanked me and said she needed time after just being ****ed around by a boy. Now it seems I have to initiate and chase 99% of the time. She still seems responsive, but doesn't really try to keep the conversation flowing, and I'm just wondering what should I do with this girl. I really like her but I don't want to just be seen as a friend any more, If I go no contact it will be awkward and she might just forget about me altogether, but I don't want to do the chasing. I know it's long and I'm sorry and please tell me if I ****ed up, I love her and don't want to lose her but if it comes to it, it comes to it

You don't love her. You have a crush on her. It's a powerful emotion but it's not love.

You asked her out & she said she needs time. That is code for she doesn't want to date you. That probably won't change over time because you have been friend-zoned.