school and husband

Hi, I was recently accepted in a 2 year program at my community college. For the first quarter my work was able to work with my schedule but for my next quarter they won't. They did say that I would be able to go to a part time position of working 2 12's on the weekends. Going down to part time will hit us a little bit financially but nothing that we could not cope with. To help with the finances my family offered to let us live in my grandma's house rent free since she was moved to a nursing home. The house isn't in the best neighborhood but its still a free place to live while I complete my degree.

My husband does not see it this way. He does not want to move into this house and he wants me to quit going to school if I have to work on the weekends. I don't know what to do here. This is something that I really want to do as a career but if my husband says no what are my options?

any advice would be helpful. thank you

It's tough but the only solution will come from long talks, compromise & some tears. Ask your husband to talk about the pros & cons of all the options & his fears. Really listen. See if you can find solutions together.

Is getting a degree on line in a more work friendly flexible environment an option? We're talking community college here not Ivy League. Perhaps talk to an advisor to find a school schedule more compatible with your work obligations.

• Like 1