Projecting your Love Life

Where ever you are. Where do you see your love life heading? Be you married or dating or single.

For me. Based on my pattern. If I go out and make an effort to look for love. Nothing great will happen. I am one of those that have to have it fall in my lap. No amount of thinking and trying to date women, is going to help me.

So for me. It falls into my lap with out me trying.

I see the woman trying to turn me into her BF and after a couple of years of being together, getting married. The woman is more the girl next door type. Soft and sweet.

I don't think this is something that can be projected.

You can HOPE for something, envision something, but that certainly doesn't mean it will happen. You say she will be soft and sweet - yet perhaps you will find someone totally unexpected sweeps you off your feet.

This is why I never understood check list dating. Or envisioning what your future spouse / love etc will look like, or what the relationship will look like. It may be fun to day dream, but I don't think it will change reality.

We aren't guaranteed tomorrow. So I don't think we can predict it either.

Me? If pressured to guess. I see my husband and I growing older together. Continuing to explore together. There are no certainties in life, but I hope we stay on the same path that got us to this point.

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear
I don't think this is something that can be projected.

You can HOPE for something, envision something, but that certainly doesn't mean it will happen. You say she will be soft and sweet - yet perhaps you will find someone totally unexpected sweeps you off your feet.

This is why I never understood check list dating. Or envisioning what your future spouse / love etc will look like, or what the relationship will look like. It may be fun to day dream, but I don't think it will change reality.

We aren't guaranteed tomorrow. So I don't think we can predict it either.

Me? If pressured to guess. I see my husband and I growing older together. Continuing to explore together. There are no certainties in life, but I hope we stay on the same path that got us to this point.

Word....

Also, anything in life that requires another individual can't ever be counted on to work out all the time....Sometimes it does, often it doesn't ...

Want that kind of guarantee??, adopt a dog...

TFY

CautiouslyOptimistic

Want that kind of guarantee??, adopt a dog...

TFY

Haha! Yes, and I highly recommend it!! :)

I can't answer this question/poll/thread except to say that once my kids are grown, I have no worries that I'll spend the rest of my life alone. Maybe then I'll work on finding a companion long term if I feel like it. I've never found it difficult to meet people to date and I'm optimistic that if it's meant to be that I find someone to grow old with it will happen :). And, if not, I have a ton of friends and possess the ability to make more. I'm not afraid of loneliness.

• Like 1

Crystal ball?

I see water, peaceful water. Maybe it's rain. Walking in the rain. Something like that.

Laughter, easy laughter, feeling the humor in interaction

Warmth, warmth of the heart, warmth of the hearth. Enjoying the view of life together. Grandchildren and great-grandchildren around. Playing on the floor with them.

Separate domiciles, definitely. Women my age like their space. Preferably hers will come with a ranch attached so we can do some hunting.

Oh, she'll have a dog and I'll have a cat and they'll get along. ;)

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic
Crystal ball?

I see water, peaceful water. Maybe it's rain. Walking in the rain. Something like that.

Laughter, easy laughter, feeling the humor in interaction

Warmth, warmth of the heart, warmth of the hearth. Enjoying the view of life together. Grandchildren and great-grandchildren around. Playing on the floor with them.

Separate domiciles, definitely. Women my age like their space. Preferably hers will come with a ranch attached so we can do some hunting.

Oh, she'll have a dog and I'll have a cat and they'll get along. ;)

Sounds lovely!

I have found that the harder you try to find love, the hard it is to get it. Once you give up and become having fun being single -- a woman always comes along and trying to ruin it. :=)

I see the woman trying to turn me into her BF and after a couple of years of being together, getting married. The woman is more the girl next door type. Soft and sweet.

Note the bolded above. The modern woman is a a person that has strong ideas about things, has her own goals, her own opinion, her own dreams and aspirations that may very well be completely contrary to yours. She was not put on this earth and into this world to "breed babies" and be "soft and sweet". ;-)

• Author

Jitters. I hear what your saying. I am not the type that is trying to mold anyone. I just gravitate towards that soft sweet personality.