Want someone else to read this situation

Ok, so before I start any of this: I am 16, Before this I have never been in a relationship let alone had the chance too really, so this whole area is new to me you could say

Ok, so basically 2 weeks back, theres a girl in my college class who I have a crush on, and I was supposed to help her with a paper we had in our class sometime at school (Im in high school but go through a program that lets me take college classes called running start, my classes are filled with kids my age doing the same thing). Keep in mind we'd talked just a small, small bit before this. When I got there, I asked her when I would help her, and this is when she said maybe we could go get coffee after this class, which struck me off guard since I know she has a class after this one she would be skipping, plus it didn't seem like the place to discuss a paper. Basically long story short, we went and talked about our lives and everything for 2 hours straight, and didn't even talk about the paper until right after for only like 5 minutes. Looking back now I realized she had done her makeup a little bit more than she normally does, and she had dressed in something slightly nicer I guess you could say, not to say her outfits are bad to begin with they're pretty good, just slightly more formal I guess. Afterwards she asked for my number, and later that day we sent only a few texts back and forth both saying how we had a good time and should hang out again.

Skip forwards 4 days, I ask her if she wants to get lunch the next day, she says yeah, we discussed it more over text cause we had classes to get to. After we got it all finalized she says stuff such as "It sounds really fun!" and "I'm really excited!!". Skip forward to after the thing, as I'm leaving she says she's gonna be out of town for the weekend and that I should talk to her sometime so she doesn't get bored. Later in the day she texted me asking for my sc, which we then talked over the weekend on. Ever since then, we've been talking more before, inbetween, and during class, sitting next to each other more etc. Also we've been talking more outside of school through text and sc.

Then we went to the mall (this was her suggestion that she asked if I wanted to do) about a week after the lunch thing and just walked around for a few hours and talked again, checking out some stores and doing what you do in a mall I guess. And this is where I am now currently.

I guess what I want out of this post is to hear how other people read this situation, because right now I would like to assume that this is leading towards something, but what do I know. Also, how should I continue this down the right path I guess.

CautiouslyOptimistic

Can you ask her out on an official date? Like for a Friday night? That sounds like the best next step :).

Yes, this sounds adorable. 16, eh? How old is she? I'd like to hear the opinions of the female "regulars". But to the guy old enough to be your grandfather (ME), this sounds like she wants you to ask her out. Bless you, grasshopper. At 16, I had neither the money, the transportation, nor the confidence to have dated a GIRL (if she's near your age I wouldn't call her a woman yet) even had one shown as much interest as this one has in you. Good luck :D

• Author

She's the same age as me 16. And I was thinking of doing something like a formal date because what we've been doing like I said above is kinda just more chill and getting to know each other. I'm honestly still shocked cause it really did come out of nowhere.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
She's the same age as me 16. And I was thinking of doing something like a formal date because what we've been doing like I said above is kinda just more chill and getting to know each other. I'm honestly still shocked cause it really did come out of nowhere.

As the mother of a 16 year old girl who just got asked out on her first date a few weeks ago (and got home from her third date 30 minutes ago), she will be VERY excited to be asked out, I'm sure of it :). Go for it! And good luck!

• Like 1

hi muteall,

it sounds all good :), real nice.

If it were me though - (although the mall is fun), if she likes walking, maybe suggest you get out in nature or to a local park and kick up those autumn leaves whilst they are still around.

it will give you a chance to talk openly and be in a beautiful surrounds.

just make sure you get this girl home before the moon shows though; otherwise you may have her folks or the "police" to deal with lol...

but its good to read your news. enjoy it.