Update to thread [on ending friendship] posted three years ago

[backstory]

Just like the title clearly says , this is an update to a thread I posted on February of 2014 ( or 2015 ? ) . Either way , it's obviously been a very long time since then . Now , this thread I posted a while back concerns me contemplating ending my 11-year friendship at the time , which unfortunately now has turned into a 14-year friendship ( I want to bang my head on the nearest brick wall ) with a girl .

For anyone reading this now , who is familiar with it knows that in the thread I detailed how I had developed feelings for her . In doing so , I also brought up that I felt that I was being used by her , more or less , for emotional support and how I was getting fed up with it . Well it took me forever to finally wise up , and end the friendship , knowing that she will always see me as just a friend . I had to come terms with the fact that she would continue to overlook me , and pursue what I believe to be "unworthy guys" .

Now I know it's pretty pathetic that's it's taken me this long to finally pull the 'trigger' , but the way I see it is better late than never. And let me say that I didn't end it by telling her that it was over via text message or any social media , I simply did it through silence , and it feels great .

I haven't spoken to her in three weeks , and I don't plan on giving her any closure . She's wasted enough of my time as it is , which I cannot get back . So why would I extend closure to her ? It doesn't make sense . I'm done , I'm ready to move on with my life and I don't plan on looking back .

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs and link to prior member iteration backstory
  • Like 1

Hi That guy, How many years is it now? 14 or 15 years of holding on to someone hoping she would return your affections and finally deciding to call it a day? Wow, you could have had two full seven year relationships in that much time( Considering that seven years is the time period when some folks get the 'itch'.). Well whatever has happened is probably for the best. How old are you? I would guess in your thirties given the timeline in your post. Don't waste any more time and find a woman who truly loves and respects you and get hitched as soon as possible. Don't waste any more time on irrelevant girls. Warm wishes.

• Author

@ Just a guy : Lol , no I am much younger than thirty , I'm actually 22 going on 23 . Sorry if I wasn't so clear in my post , I pretty much wrote this thread on a whim without proofreading it ( like I should have) . Anyways, this girl and I were childhood friends , we met early on in grade school. Hopefully that clarifies everything! And I didn't have feelings for her until eleven years into the friendship( which was almost four years ago today; it'll be four officially in October ) , just a side note. When I told her that I liked her , she surprisingly wasn't freaked out or anything, she just thought it was 'cute' as she put it .

But then again, maybe she thought that it was weird , and was just trying to be nice and let me down easy. I don't know or particularly care anymore, either way . I was tired of masquerading as her "friend", and was I also tired of her treating me like a door mat , basically. I was just tired of feeling like I needed her validation that would tell me that I was good enough for her . I sound like such a beta male right now( lol) , but hopefully you understand where I am coming from.

Edited by ThatGuy1322