Are American Men Threatened by Intelligent Women?

My gal pals tell me that American men can't handle women that are intellectually superior to them; and that, foreign men welcome it. What do you think? Edited by jigwig

I think such proclamations about an entire gender from any particular country one way or the other, does not demonstrate intellectual superiority.

• Like 11
  • Author

I hear you enigma. That's what I have been telling them, but they insist only men from other countries will have them.

I'm hopeful others will respond so that I can show them how rediculous their generalizations are. Especially, since our country is founded from immigrants.

Edited by jigwig

If they are believe such statements, they aren't going to believe a bunch of strangers from the internet telling them otherwise.

• Like 2
I hear you enigma. That's what I have been telling them, but they insist only men from other countries will have them.

So tell them to find a foreign man.

Problem solved.

Correcting their assumptions/generalisations isn't worth your time. You aren't responsible for their closed-mindedness.

• Like 6
thefooloftheyear

Just another sour grapes sob story by so called intelligent women that don't have what it takes to attract American men....

See it almost as often as the "nice guys never get laid" sob fest...

:laugh:

TFY

• Like 5
Just another sour grapes sob story by so called intelligent women that don't have what it takes to attract American men....

See it almost as often as the "nice guys never get laid" sob fest...

:laugh:

TFY

This is very similar to men who think that way.

• Like 2
So tell them to find a foreign man.

Problem solved.

Correcting their assumptions/generalisations isn't worth your time. You aren't responsible for their closed-mindedness.

Exactly , so many women assume such crazy sh@t it just gets so damn tiring.

Why would they be there's plenty of intelligent men around too. .

Me , at the end of the day it's the personality that l care about and so do a lot of guys and that can come in any form .

Maybe the ones assuming that have no personality or soh.

Maybe they're an ice cube .

Maybe they're all strung out and wound up and argumentative all day long and about as much fun as a migraine.

A friend of mine is super intelligent but she's also the most gorgeous and warm person , beautiful to talk to and always seems thoroughly at peace.

No bee under her bonnet or chip on her shoulder .

If they try soma that they'll be just fine.

Edited by Chilli
  • Like 2

I think a mismatch in intellect can be a huge problem in some relationships and I guess some American men will be threatened by intelligent women, but I guess some "foreign" men will be too.

As the world is a huge place and there are so many variables as to how "women" in general are viewed world wide, then "foreign" needs to be quantified.

• Like 3

I'm hopeful others will respond so that I can show them how rediculous their generalizations are. Especially, since our country is founded from immigrants.

I don't think it is these women's so-called intelligence that turns men off. It is more likely their arrogance and condescension.

• Like 7
I don't think it is these women's so-called intelligence that turns men off. It is more likely their arrogance and condescension.

...Or just from experience in dating men who were threatened by their intelligence...

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
...Or just from experience in dating men who were threatened by their intelligence...

What was their criteria that made them believe it was because the guys were threatened??

Let me guess.....They got dumped...

TFY

• Like 5
GorillaTheater

Intelligence and wit are the most attractive traits a woman can possess. Besides boobs.

• Like 4
What was their criteria that made them believe it was because the guys were threatened??

TFY

Yes a man who is threatened will dump an intelligent women - they realise they cannot deal with the competition.

BUT sometimes it will involve put downs and attempts to minimise her worth, make her look stupid, laugh at her and make attempts to raise his value at the expense of hers.

She usually gets fed up of the "oneupmanship" games and dumps him.

Of course taken to extremes he may abuse and hit her to put her in her place.

Veteran actor Dennis Waterman has admitted slapping and punching his ex-wife Rula Lenska – and claimed it was 'not difficult for a woman to make a man hit her'.

The 64-year-old former Minder star said that because Miss Lenska was a 'strong, intelligent' woman who could argue, he resorted to 'lashing out' to stop her.

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with nationality. My mom (Eastern European) had to endure her whole life critics from my dad that she's too 'intellectual'. My first bf (South American) hated me for my 'privilege' to have multiple degrees. My friend's bf (Middle Eastern) always acted superior to her although she makes 2.5x more than him and has the same degrees, just more business acumen.

Insecure men exist everywhere, compete with their gf-s/wives on the front of intelligence, education, salary etc. This is probably the biggest turn off that a guy can show - it means he's so not sure in his own self-worth that he can't even cope that someone can be good at something.

• Like 2

I know many intelligent women. Most are kind and unassuming.

The women who THINK they are uber-intelligent, however....another story.

I am more intelligent than my fiance in the education and IQ sense. He is not threatened because he brings plenty to the table. I also don't assume I am superior to him.

• Like 4
thefooloftheyear
Yes a man who is threatened will dump an intelligent women - they realise they cannot deal with the competition.

BUT sometimes it will involve put downs and attempts to minimise her worth, make her look stupid, laugh at her and make attempts to raise his value at the expense of hers.

She usually gets fed up of the "oneupmanship" games and dumps him.

Of course taken to extremes he may abuse and hit her to put her in her place.

How would they ever know this?? or is that how they hypothesize or rationalize it?...Using that logic surely makes them feel better than the fact that they aren't desired...It's highly doubtful any guy would shudder at the fact that he was with an intelligent woman...Most of us, like GT stated, love it...What guy wants to be with a dolt or a dumbell?

OK....DO you want to know where these women mis characterize this?

Its not about feeling threatened...It's that the guy is turned off by the lack of femininity shown by many of those types...In many cases it masculinizes women...They "lose" that part of what makes them attractive to men in the fist place....You know...The sex appeal...Some high powered women do have a "balance" where they maintain that part of themselves....and those don't have the same issues...

So it's not about being threatened.....It's just a boner killer....Period..

TFY

• Like 1
How would they ever know this?? or is that how they hypothesize it?...because its highly doubtful any guy would shudder at the fact that he was with an intelligent woman...Most of us, like GT stated, love it...What guy wants to be with a dolt or a dumbell?

OK....DO you want to know where these women mis characterize this?

Its not about feeling threatened...It's that the guy is turned off by the lack of femininity shown by many of those types...In many cases it masculinizes women...They "lose" that part of what makes them attractive to men in the fist place....You know...The sex appeal...Some high powered women do have a "balance" where they maintain that part of themselves....and those don't have the same issues...

So it's not about being threatened.....It's just a boner killer....Period..

TFY

Exactly...a woman who assumes right off that she got dumped because she is intelligent is the type of woman who probably lords her so-called superior intelligence over a man, tries to boss him, makes him feel useless in the face of her awe-inspiring feminist power.

I know women like this. I wouldn't date them, and I'm probably smarter than they think they are lol

• Like 4

Unless you're directly being told that you're being dumped because you're too intelligent, you're making an assumption. It's just like nice guys assuming women reject them because they're too nice, or an attractive woman saying men never approach her because she's too hot.

• Like 6

TFY

ahh yessaa,that'd be the one and not because he was threatened.

So many of those types have a bit of a snarly sarcastic edge to them too.

For some reason a lot of really smart women seem to think they're a bit of a big shot too actually.

But even if, then why not just date their match , whats the problem. maybe they're the ones that are threatened..

Edited by Chilli
  • Like 1
My gal pals tell me that American men can't handle women that are intellectually superior to them; and that, foreign men welcome it. What do you think?

What does "intellectually superior" even mean? Did you mean the woman has an IQ score of 150 and the guy 100? Or the woman has an Ivy league Ph.D. and the guy an associate degree? Or the woman makes 250k and the guy 75k? I personally don't think you can define intellectual superiority this way, so it'd be helpful if you can be more concrete.

• Like 1