Study about blonde haired guys?

I read a study that blonde haired guys are less likely to have girlfriends than brunette haired guys? I thought a lot of women thought blonde guys were attractive. The study said it's because they think of dark haired guys as more masculine? I'm blonde and blue eyed and I don't look feminine.

GunslingerRoland

I doubt it makes a big deal, as the majority of blonde guys will still find lots of women.

But what is the ideal for many women in a man... "tall, dark and handsome" that is very different than the ideal many men like in a women, petite, fair skinned. Just look at red heads, many of us men go gaga over redheads, but how about red headed guys, they are called gingers and often made fun of. Again most of them will have perfectly successful love lives, but they aren't the ideal most women are looking for.

l hated being blonde but nope def' not because of any women shortage l think it helped that .

It's just that people always commented on my hair and it drove me absolutely bananas.

Felt like saying 1,000 times , for fk sake it's only hair , l'm not a women who gives a damn.

Other reasons l hated it was because l was already tall so blonde hair made me stand out even more , other guys too seemed to have a bit of hair envy going on.

• Like 2
amaysngrace
I think male blondes are hot! Especially if they have chiseled features and strong bodies.

Agreed. A lot of dark haired men are either hairly or stubbly but blonde men? :love::bunny:

• Like 3

Quoting Benjamin Disraeli, Mark Twain said it best: "There are lies, damn lies & statistics"

Anybody can manipulate any study to mean anything. Don't get hung up about this so called study.

If you are secure in your looks, don't worry about it. I suspect your bigger problems are your desire for revenge against some girl who hurt you in high school but is now waiting tables as a single mom & your professed promise to physically assault transgender people who you perceive to be hitting on you or misleading people.

When you learn a more tolerant attitude, I suspect that many of your ails will dissipate.

• Like 7
Agreed. A lot of dark haired men are either hairly or stubbly but blonde men? :love::bunny:

Exactly, who needs their drains clogged up with hair.:laugh:

• Like 3

It makes no odds to me.

I've dated men of all hair colours.

Over hair colour I like expressive eyebrows - which equals an animated face when flirting - as we all do when flirting.

So the only possibility is if a man's eyebrow shade is very very light then it may not come over to me so well when he flirts.

l hated being blonde but nope def' not because of any women shortage l think it helped that .

It's just that people always commented on my hair and it drove me absolutely bananas.

Felt like saying 1,000 times , for fk sake it's only hair , l'm not a women who gives a damn.

Other reasons l hated it was because l was already tall so blonde hair made me stand out even more , other guys too seemed to have a bit of hair envy going on.

Glad someone shares my plight ! I had the same issue when I was younger and single. Now I don't have many left lol !

While you complain that you don't like the compliments as you are not a woman ( with beautiful hair ! ) , but dude, one day you will long for your hairy days ,like me :)

• Like 1

I have dark blonde hair, pale blue eyes and light skin. Two or three women rejected me on that alone. Another date said that "it took her an hour to get over my looks", but she was fine after that. :laugh:

The time may come when you're happy just to have hair.

We'll always have hair. It's only a question on where on your body it is. :p

• Like 2
RecentChange

A “study” huh?

Where was this study conducted? I am guessing not Sweden.

What was the sample size? Sampling method? Self-reported or survey?

The problem with saying there was a “study” is a study is only as good as its methodology.

Perhaps this study got it wrong and blond men are more likely to have a girlfriend.

I will say that the stereotypes are “talk dark and handsome” and “men prefer blonds”

Do these hold true under scientific scrutiny? I don’t know, haven’t read any peer reviewed studies on the topic.

The time may come when you're happy just to have hair.

:lmao: You always crack me up GT.

• Like 1

Blonde guys are not at a big disadvantage. There are plenty of women who like blonde haired guys best and then most women just don't feel strongly one way or the other.

• Like 3
  • Author
Quoting Benjamin Disraeli, Mark Twain said it best: "There are lies, damn lies & statistics"

Anybody can manipulate any study to mean anything. Don't get hung up about this so called study.

If you are secure in your looks, don't worry about it. I suspect your bigger problems are your desire for revenge against some girl who hurt you in high school but is now waiting tables as a single mom & your professed promise to physically assault transgender people who you perceive to be hitting on you or misleading people.

When you learn a more tolerant attitude, I suspect that many of your ails will dissipate.

Actually she doesn't have a kid, just another girl who I had a crush on does.
  • Author
I have dark blonde hair, pale blue eyes and light skin. Two or three women rejected me on that alone. Another date said that "it took her an hour to get over my looks", but she was fine after that. :laugh:
Well, I have dirty blonde hair, does that count as dark blonde?
Glad someone shares my plight ! I had the same issue when I was younger and single. Now I don't have many left lol !

While you complain that you don't like the compliments as you are not a woman ( with beautiful hair ! ) , but dude, one day you will long for your hairy days ,like me :)

Haha ,becoming salt and pepper these days thank God, no more bs.

Getting a bit thin up there eh , just think of the money your gonna save :cool:

amayzn your golden!!!:love:

Aw thanks! :)

He's Buddy and he's ten!! We also have a six month old blonde named Daisy but I'll save her for the dumb blonde thread if there ever is one.

• Like 3

I'm not buying it. Can you provide a link to this study? One which details how the study was done and how many people were surveyed.

Interesting...I never considered hair color when it comes to what I find attractive. My current guy has dark blonde hair and blue eyes and I never thought twice about it. I do like blue eyes, though :love:

• Like 1

Blond guys are often attractive so it is not a question of attractiveness. If it is true that blond guys tend not to have girlfriends, it is probably because they are used to having choices and lack commitment. Maybe blond guys do not bond so easily or are naturally less monogamous.