Wondering am I ugly

(link removed by moderator)

Hello everyone

I'm new here and was hoping to get the opinion of others. I recently had surgery to remove bad lumps from my face and now I feel like I look worse.I lost my wife to cancer 4yrs ago and now I'm thinking about dating but I feel no one would be interested because I feel I look horrible. My family says I look fine of course they'll say that I was wondering what strangers would say. I'm wondering am I ugly? Thanks to everyone for looking

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
link gave away IRL ID and was deleted

If you think you're ugly then you haven't seen ugly. If the redness of the scar bothers you, there are ways to minimize that.

Edited by CptInsano
Michelle ma Belle

From a female perspective, you're not 'ugly'. And your scars aren't as bad as you think but if they are a concern, there are ways to reduce the scarring/redness with over-the-counter products like Bio-Oil.

May I ask how old you are OP?

• Author

Your replies have boosted my confidence thank you. I'd be interested to hear more about the bio-oil mentioned or any other things I could use. I'm 48 yrs. I'm not that great with forums is there another way to add my pic again.

Thanks

Michelle ma Belle
Your replies have boosted my confidence thank you. I'd be interested to hear more about the bio-oil mentioned or any other things I could use. I'm 48 yrs. I'm not that great with forums is there another way to add my pic again.

Thanks

Okay. If you want some honest feedback, I'll give it to you.

I'm 48 as well but looking at your pic, you look older than 48 hun :( I don't think your scars are or will be the problem so much as looking older than you really are.

OLD can be brutal if you're not prepared for it and is notorious for being profoundly shallow unfortunately. Most of the time, all you get are first impressions which means your appearance is pretty important in attracting prospects, never mind the right prospects.

The good news, it's all cosmetic and easily fixable! Lose the hat, trim up the hair, put on a nice shirt and either commit to a clean shave or grow in your beard - no half and half. You'll be rocking it in no time!

As for Bio Oil,[do a Google search]. Coconut oil is always really good too.

Good luck!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Sheesh, let's plug some products here...

Alright, it appears Robert was nice enough to contact the thread starter to let them know their real life information was out in the wild, contrary to LoveShack.org policies so we cleaned that up and I also removed a commercial link without sanctioning that member for spamming so let's move on and discuss how physical appearances affect ones dating life. Thanks!

Wookin Pa Nub

I am 45. I didn't see pic so I cant comment directly. But there are other things you can do to help your appearance and bolster confidence. You need to invest in yourself.

1. Address the scars. I can't recommend anything but you can consult others.

2. Are you in shape or overweight? Beer gut? Many guys our age are in poor physical shape. Get a leg up on the competition. Start to take care of your physique with exercise and diet. It takes time and dedication but it can be done. Go on internet and read success stories for guys our age that have lost weight and got in shape.

3. Invest in new clothes and look sharp. Get advice.

4. Look at new hair style or getting updated hair cut.

Scars fade with time (I did not see your pic). Go by what your doctor tells you in treating it. Long time ago, they told me vitamin E. I have a boob scar from when I was 21 and had a lump. No, it didn't go away but they do fade. Also, until it fades more, you need to get a female relative or whatever to show you how to apply concealer and foundation on those places to minimize it if you wish. You can just about cover it up if you're not adverse to a little cosmetics. Consult your doctor as well, and he might recommend a dermatologist who is expert in scarring because of acne and other causes.

Some people are very squeamish about scars, while others have no problem with them. I'm very sorry you lost your wife.