What does attraction mean to women/men?

What constitutes attraction to women? What women see first in a guy? Are all women different in this aspect?

To women-I see outside, attraction to me is a nice figure, nice breasts, hips relatively pretty-that's the first things I notice. Personality comes along after talking but is on the checklist later.

Nice eyes, face, in shape but not bulging with muscles nor overweight.

Dresses well whether casual or dressed up.

Personality is very important and can end any initial attraction upon speaking with the guy or witnessing him in action.

Confident, not arrogant.

• Like 2

Mine starts from her ass and works up, l know , it's crued, but l just need my nice ass,pure and simple, haha .

Or else her face , either one can make me wanna do things , and that's what l need to feel.

One funny thing though is that gf was a brunette , l've never known a brunette before , l always went for blondes and sandy.Now l just loveeee brunettes and l don't want blondes anymore.

Edited by Chilli
  • Like 2
What constitutes attraction to women? What women see first in a guy? Are all women different in this aspect?

Yes.

Everyone has their preferences and are entitled to them.

I agree completely with Chilli.

Mine starts from her ass and works up, l know , it's crued, but l just need my nice ass,pure and simple, haha .

I'm an arse guy too. Often the first thing that I notice.

If it's a good arse, it's getting smacked.

Or else her face , either one can make me wanna do things , and that's what l need to feel.

Exactly. She needs looks that make you want to do bad things, and the nature to make you want to do good things.

One funny thing though is that gf was a brunette , l've never known a brunette before , l always went for blondes and sandy.Now l just loveeee brunettes and l don't want blondes anymore.

You should see my dating history :laugh:

It's basically a line-up of hot brunettes. I love it.

• Like 1

Haha thanks bas, exactly.

l was just trying really hard not to say that though haha, already been told off once by the mods today.

But oh yeah , l am so into brunettes now, it's like nothing else will do.

ex w was a blonde but if there's ever another w she'll have to be brunette now, l'm hooked. :bunny:.

• Like 1
Eternal Sunshine

Overall build: tall-ish, solidly built. Young looking and in shape even if older. Expressive eyes and attractive face. Dark hair/olive skin. I have a thing for semi-long hair.

Physically, it varies for me. I've been physically attracted to a wide variety of women. Prefer a woman to not be taller than me and reasonably fit, but, beyond that, I'm very flexible in what I find attractive.

If I were to have a type, it wouldn't be a set of physical characteristics. Over the years, I've found myself consistently drawn to smart women that are ... challenging ... with a sense of elegance and grace. Sophistication. Class.

I'm visual like any other man, but mental stimulation is probably more important to me.

• Like 3
RecentChange

Like midnight dreams, it's someone's mind that I often find myself most attracted to. Physical types I am attracted to vary, the basics being, taller than me, reasonably fit.

I am attracted to a confident, intelligent presence. A guy who is witty and charming, who can speak with his eyes, one who enjoys a mental challenge, to tease, knows how to seduce and flirt.

I'll admit, tall and broad do make me soon. Physically I'll notice great shoulders, athletic builds, strong masculine faces.

• Like 3
somanymistakes

I have physical 'types' that I like but that attraction is generally fleeting. Lots of individual features might briefly catch my attention for an 'oo, yum' but there's lots of pretty people in the world and lots more people who have at least a few pretty bits. I can rattle off a whole list of features that I find appealing, but it's personality that will get me seriously interested in someone.

And I do totally check out girls butts too though I'm not really interested in dating a woman. Just, y'know, dang, some ladies have very nice parts...

littleblackheart

I find most people to be attractive on some level, but it takes a lot for me to be attracted.

I don't pay much interest to a guy's physical appearance; I'm more drawn to how he sees the world and his place in it, and how he relates to his family, friends or his colleagues. A guy's political convictions or general laid back attitude are far more appealing to me than the colour of his eyes or the size of his muscles.

JuneJulySeptember

Physically, I'm all over the map. A wide range is attractive to me.

I'm more drawn to how he sees the world and his place in it, and how he relates to his family, friends or his colleagues. A guy's political convictions or general laid back attitude are far more appealing to me than the colour of his eyes or the size of his muscles.

I agree with this. If somebody wrote this on a dating profile, I'd be immediately drawn.

Laid back and down to Earth are most important.

Other than that, it's hard to put a finger on it until I'm dating that person. But simplicity is important.

Or I should say ... attraction is very easy for me. Deciding who I want to commit to in a marriage sense is VERY hard.

Edited by JuneJulySeptember
  • Like 1

Easy and comfortable conversation is what would get me in. His looks will fade, but his social skills will not.

• Like 1

Well, if we're talking personality , the two are separate to me.

Because it's attraction if she''s on the other side of a room and if l'm not attracted then l guess l wouldn't go talk to her in that way.

Personality wise , l love a girl at peace with herself, knows who she is but you might be surprised how many aren't though and have real chips on their shoulder.

l like her naughty, real naughty , sick naughty, but you won't see it because she has no need to advertise like others do, fun, and clever, but she's so comfortable with herself that she doesn't prove she's clever, she just is. She has nothing to prove , like me , and doesn't giva fk what anyone else is doing or sayin. She owns herself. loveit.

Edited by Chilli

Oddly enough, I'm never really attracted to a woman until I hear her voice. Sure, there are women who are good-looking, but it doesn't morph into an attraction until I hear them speak.

• Like 1

To women-I see outside, attraction to me is a nice figure, nice breasts, hips relatively pretty-that's the first things I notice. Personality comes along after talking but is on the checklist later.

There is absolutely no other way to be attracted to someone beyond looks at first. PERIOD. And, yes all women are different because all people are different. And, if I told you that most women like men with dark hair and green eyes, are you going to die your light hair and get colored contacts?

I've met men who were 10's until they opened their mouths. And, I've met men who were 7's and became 10's in my mind after they opened their mouths.

I say that unless a man or a woman doesn't completely turn a person off at first blush, I'd give them a chance at least.

littleblackheart
There is absolutely no other way to be attracted to someone beyond looks at first. PERIOD.

I'm sorry, that may be true for you but but it's not that clear cut for everyone. I can find someone's looks objectively fine without being attracted to the guy whatsoever. Unless I get to know the guy well and things mesh, his looks won't do anything for me at all, and I know I'm not the only one who think that way.

• Like 4

yep , me to with her.

Or sometimes l just really like somebody because l can see the person that she is , even if l don't know her yet.

I'm sorry, that may be true for you but but it's not that clear cut for everyone. I can find someone's looks objectively fine without being attracted to the guy whatsoever. Unless I get to know the guy well and things mesh, his looks won't do anything for me at all, and I know I'm not the only one who think that way.

I can find someone's looks objectively fine without being attracted to the guy whatsoever - I agree with this. And, it just means that they aren't attractive in a way that causes me to feel like I'd be interested in a romantic way.

It's usually their looks though that make it so you do want to get to know them and see how things mesh. I can't imagine what else there would be to go on until you do get down to talking to/knowing them better.

that may be true for you but but it's not that clear cut for everyone -- I did preface my post with it's different for each woman/man. Everyone is different.

• Like 1

IME, it's a visceral feeling. Comes on with no rhyme nor reason and defies all efforts of explanation. I think we haven't yet adequately described the functions of our brain and senses to place a logical and scientific value on an emotion, or combination of emotions.

We tend to describe men's attraction as through their eyes, images of women but my experience has been different, more related to how they smell, not like garlic and onions smell but rather smells without odors. Makes no sense, right? Yup, that's the brain explanation thing. That science is still in its infancy.

Fortunately, we have billions of people who don't waste valuable time thinking about it, rather just going with it and replicating their DNA and that's what keeps the species alive, just like nature intended.

The Urbanyst

I think attraction is a lot more practical and thought-out with women than men because men need to be attracted to have sex while women don't.

This makes it easy for women to be strategic about who they date, while men can only date those they find attractive.. otherwise sex is very hard to perform.

If you notice you're dating a man who seems to have a low sex drive.. the more likely reason is he isn't very attracted to you. When I'm attracted to a woman I can have sex all day everyday. If attraction is low its more work because I have to use my imagination to get aroused.

• Like 1
somanymistakes

because men need to be attracted to have sex while women don't.

Well, sure, if you don't mind pain and bleeding, a woman can certainly lie there unaroused and just let sex happen... but there's something seriously wrong with a woman who'd happily choose that, or with a man who'd accept it!

• Like 3
Cookiesandough

It's a visceral, "know it when you see it" thing !!!

I wish it was easy as just hard abs, my ex had those and they were hnnngh, but that's because they were his. I recently met this guy with a pudgy stomach and I was all about that. You know the at least 5 years out of college beer gut/ beginners dad bod some guys have going on??? I'm about it.

It's mostly the guy's style. Not limited to clothing. But all of his fashion, his vibe, the way he walks, carries himself, the way he works what he's got with confidence