For The Fellas

amaysngrace

I know how I am....once I'm attracted to someone I still feel some attraction years later even if there are some things I find repulsive about them. lol

I'm talking about someone I've been intimate with...not just some random crush.

Just wondering if it's the same for men. If you found a woman attractive enough to have a relationship is there always an attraction, even if it's nowhere near as strong as it was at the time?

• Like 5

Hmm possibly. I'm over every of my exes emotionally but physically I could still see myself banging it a couple times more with a few.

Sorry this may not be the reply you were expecting, grace.

• Like 2
  • Author
amaysngrace
Hmm possibly. I'm over every of my exes emotionally but physically I could still see myself banging it a couple times more with a few.

Sorry this may not be the reply you were expecting, grace.

No it's a perfect answer actually. Any honest answer is so thank you!

• Like 2

The woman my first wife was before the drugs was very attractive and I would be lying if I said I didn't have fond memories but that person is gone. Drugs turned her into something completely different that I would want no part of even if I were single.

• Like 1
  • Author
amaysngrace

So we aren't that different after all? That's very good to know!

Thanks guys! :love:

• Like 1

If it's unrequited, like either or both of us being married or similar, maybe. If a prior relationship that ended, never.

todreaminblue

ifthere was a common bond yes...but if its an ended relationship even if i felt an attraction i would hope i wouldnt act on it...as that is in my control ..attraction often isnt something we can control..acting on ..yes totally ours to decide and choose....recognising attraction and not denying it for me is the first step in choosing not to act......or to act if appropriate to act...as far as the fellas go which was your op question...who knows i dont.... because im a a sheila..who finds fellas a curious species.....deb

JustGettingBy

I can get over anybody emotionally after a few months given no contact, but the second I run into her physically, my mind can go into over drive no matter how long ago my original feelings were.

• Like 1

Thank God, I am over all my exes. Out of curiosity I checked out a couple of them on Facebook recently and felt absolutely nothing. Pleasant memories of the good times we shared, but no regrets, because those negative flashbacks. Happy to see they have moved on with other men. Not a tinge of jealousy.

• Like 1

Depends.

Ex cheating wife - no. Few short time GF's who end badly - no. Main GF from college who was a great gal and loved/desired me - occasionally I think of her - I suppose just because she loved me like no other woman has. I loved her but she loved me x10.

However I have no interest in reconnecting and I have no longing or real lasting bonds or glue. I have never run into 99% of my ex's again - when a relationship is over its over. I am a one woman at a time guy in my heart.

My wife is (was ?) the type to carry on bonds with some ex's. But she could have room in her heart for more than one man. Not good for us - but its who she is/was.

Edited by dichotomy

I had that discussion with one of my exes about half a year ago. Unless the love was some kind of illusion, then yes, there will always be a certain level of attraction or a loving feeling. Love doesn't just stop because you're not with that person anymore. Breaking up is a conscious act, love and attraction are not something​ you can just force to no longer exist.