A particular incident that sealed the deal

For those in long term relationship or marriages, what was one incident that happened that meant to you that yes, he or she is the perfect match for me and there is no going back from it and you committed yourself to them. All the highs and lows that came down the road were faced together and made it stronger.

I've been on low health for last few weeks and my wife has been taking care of me as our son is in NY. We didn't even tell him.

It reminded me of the incident when we were still early in dating and I met with an accident. My wife ( gf then) came over the next few days till I was walking again. While it was one of the many reasons ( we were in love and compatible) but for me , I knew , I had to marry her. No regrets !

( That emoji was not meant to be there ! Lol. Typo )

• Like 2

I've said before, i don't think it comes down to one particular moment. I've had lots of moments that i've thought 'she's the one', I've fallen in love with her lots of times.

Like 16 year old Alfie though he loved her the first time we camped out, I remember the way that the campfire made her eyes glint and we passed round whiskey someone nicked off his old man and later she slept cuddled up in my tent and I believed that was love.

But I've had a million moments like that since:

When I was stuck in hospital post bike crash and she sat by my bed side hour after hour.

First Christmas we spent together, when she stayed at my house with my family, before we we're even dating

First kiss as an actual couple

The day our sons were born

The day our sons came home from hospital

Our wedding day the moment she walked down the aisle

When our daughter was born

This weekend when we had the fam round and I stood behind the bbq and watched her playing with the kids by the lake :love: I'm a lucky bloke - she lights up a room, everyone wants to be where she is, and yet when she scans the room - she looks for me! :love:

I fall more in love with her over and over again, I think that's how it works! Rather than one solitary magic moment!

I'll tell you one moment, it's a strange one - I waited so long for her, i was her friend, i was more than her friend, and all the while she swore she wasn't ready for a serious relationship. I don't mind, she was worth every second! But at the time, at times it was hard! So there was this one time when we had like our first big argument, she's a feisty girl but i'm very chill so we don't bicker but we rarely really argue. But this was the first time that i lost my temper, we did argue, and i was harsher that i intended to be, and she walked out the door. I remember going out the back of the cabin and sitting on the deck and thinking like that was it, over before it ever got off the ground, that i loved her but that i couldn't be the only one like holding this together.

THEN, she appeared from behind me and sat down next to me, she passed me a drink she'd got from the car. She teased me for being moody, she scratched the back of my neck in the way i just can't resist. I told her I thought she'd left. She said, dont be silly, I'm not going anywhere, you are so stuck with me!!

It's weird to say like that was a special moment for us, but, it was because, i was only a teenager, and i think up till then i was always treating her like a flight risk, more than i realised. It was a real relief and it made me feel really solid and confident in us, and really secure that we could get throught anything because, she wasnt going anywhere.

• Like 3

During the moment when I realized how open he was with me. His vulnerability touched me so deeply that I tumbled hard. :love:

• Like 2
  • Author

@ Shepp , that is such a great post. I like your signature!

@ anduina , People usually think vulnerability is a weakness. Don't blame them as many people take advantage of it. It takes a special person to open the guarded ones. It's a risk they take. They may or may not get taken advantage of.

• Like 1