Is there any hope in the future?

This girl used to find me attracted couple of years ago and I blew my chance bad I was looking at her body language and notice her always gazing eye contact with me to the point when at times she look down, smirks and staring at me and even glances so wasn’t sure cause I did not wanted to embarrassed myself. I know people will say body language is not accurate but then we tend not gaze with people who we dislike/ find ugly/ strange, etc. I made her wait over a year to ask her out. Yeah screw up was not sure and made me look like I was faking confidence the whole time.

She slowly appears distant and cold and few times avoided me when I was around her this was awhile like I said. Found her on social media recently and chatted few times talking about school she ignore few messages. I decided to ask her out even when I knew she was acting cold, etc. Like I said before don’t know if she was attract to me or not. I was rejected with boyfriend line, she appears to be single.

I still see her around campus and have been a mix bag because she would ignore me and other times acknowledge me by looking, again don’t know if this is all in my head is hard to tell. We never talk in person only chatted as strangers online. I think she move on (ship has sail/sunk) and have to move on also and talk to other chicks. Is there anyway to re attract interest with anybody?

No. She isn't attracted to you or interested in you. If she was, she wouldn't have said no or not replied. You can't make someone be attracted to you. You be your best self and then see who is attracted to you, and that's all you can do. But she's not.

• Like 2
  • Author
No. She isn't attracted to you or interested in you. If she was, she wouldn't have said no or not replied. You can't make someone be attracted to you. You be your best self and then see who is attracted to you, and that's all you can do. But she's not.

I think she had interest by the way she started acting around me this was a few years back now she acts cold and distant. Before that she always show signs of interest

I think she had interest by the way she started acting around me this was a few years back now she acts cold and distant. Before that she always show signs of interest

Ok, why not "communicate" here? Why not straight up say "Hey, last year you seemed to be interested in me and I blew my chance...is this why you're giving me stories about having a bf?"

I mean, look what "assuming" got me into? Me "thinking" dude was into me, when he is telling everyone that from day one he wasn't. And, I pushed for him to speak up you know and still he didn't. Anywho, stressing the importance of communication.

Like recently I've seen dude orbiting (yesterday, today). Since we can't communicate, I have no idea what he wants - cuz, he filed that complaint, not me. I don't know if he's trying to set me up, I don't know if this is a game. I don't know if he won't text/call me cuz he's afraid his gf will find out, he is playing a game with me and/or really isn't into me...or, because of all the dust started by his complaint - he's really not gonna try to call/text/e-mail, etc. me until he is sure that I'm not gonna get defensive/retaliatory.

So, all I do is have to ignore him to protect myself and **sigh**...It sucks cuz my body/heart reacts to him involuntarily (he's just gorgeous and I do miss chatting with him), but my mind is keeping me straight (not gonna lose my job).

So, we're at a standstill - unless we speak and clear the air. Cuz, I still don't know who's saying what and who to trust. So, until you step up and communicate with this girl, interpreting her body language is only gonna take you so far and/or make you "assume" what may not be true.

I think you misread her. Being self-conscious because you know someone is watching you and interested can make someone look awkward and some guys, for no reason I can think of, want to interpret that as shy interest. Her actions say loud and clear that she isn't interested.

• 2 weeks later...

What if you flip the situation and be the one who develops an authentic friendship with her. This allow you the chance get to know her better, so that you able to make the right decision. You are able to get know a person a lot better when you are friends first. Wishing all the best.

So what if the ship has sailed.

Why are you stuck on someone who's pretty much showing you she's not interested?

Just move on to the next girl who gives you signs instead of picking up scraps.

You waited too long and in her woman mind she got angry at you because from her perspective, you didn't find her attractive enough to take notice. She's essentially given up on you and won't be fooled by your weak signals.

The only way you get this girl is to be bold, to talk to her every day, to ask her on a date, to not take it personally if she says no, and to continue to pitch woo even after your arm gets tired, and you've struck out a few times.

Get her to do stuff with you.

If you can do all that, I give you a 33% chance sight unseen.

The threadstarter hasn't been around since their last post, 12 days ago, so we'll close this up and if they want to reopen the thread for more feedback, they can contact moderation via the "Alert Us" button.

Thanks,

~6