Do you think my best friend even likes me?

I'm actually starting to wonder.

We have been good friends over 10 years but sometimes I get weird vibes.

A few examples...

Saturday night me and her and 2 other girls had a night out,we were getting ready and another friend says to her "oh doesn't Louise look gorgeous,she's gorgeous" and my best friend rolls her eyes and says if you say so.

The day after they all came to my house,my bedroom was such a mess and I'm currently building furniture so I say "oh best not to look in there ha ha" to everyone.

Later in the evening she goes to the toilet,I went to go to the fridge and she's poking her head in my bedroom (after I said don't go in its messy)

I bought some new ripped jeans ..she says she hated them..two weeks later She's got a pair.

A lady asks if I have any kids ..before I can answer she says "your joking Louise can't even look after herself"

She's always having sly digs at me ..

Does she even like me?

I'm actually starting to wonder.

We have been good friends over 10 years but sometimes I get weird vibes.

A few examples...

Saturday night me and her and 2 other girls had a night out,we were getting ready and another friend says to her "oh doesn't Louise look gorgeous,she's gorgeous" and my best friend rolls her eyes and says if you say so.

The day after they all came to my house,my bedroom was such a mess and I'm currently building furniture so I say "oh best not to look in there ha ha" to everyone.

Later in the evening she goes to the toilet,I went to go to the fridge and she's poking her head in my bedroom (after I said don't go in its messy)

I bought some new ripped jeans ..she says she hated them..two weeks later She's got a pair.

A lady asks if I have any kids ..before I can answer she says "your joking Louise can't even look after herself"

She's always having sly digs at me ..

Does she even like me?

There are some people who only feel better about themselves by putting other people down. I eliminated my three longest known female friends over a 7 year period. All too often they seemed to get their jollies by making me feel bad or just outright sabotage.

Is this the type of friend who will make fun of a disabled person behind their back? When I was a teen a friend of mine used to imitate and bust on a kid who had cerebral palsy a lot. I finally said that it bothered me, it wasn't like the CP kid had a choice, etc. She never did it again.

I was in my 30s and home visiting my mom. A friend of 20 years and I were going to a movie. My mother never liked this friend. When she got to the house, she looked at me and said, "Are you going to wear THAT?" I cheerfully said, "yup" and off we went. To be honest, I had planned to change my shirt and shoes, but because she had busted on me and had done this kind of controlling crap for 20 years, I didn't.

Some people get a rush from controlling and manipulating. I had an ex boyfriend who used to make fun of a pair of slip on tennis shoes I had. I stopped wearing them. When we broke up, I would think of him every time I wore them. I donated them.

Don't let this woman get in your head. People can outgrow each other.

She's jealous and will tear you down to make herself feel better because she feels a little inferior, and at the same time she will steal whatever you do that she likes -- I had a friend like this and she slept with my bf, so just saying lookout.