Am I being a brat

My significant others sister is pregnant with baby no 4. This is a "late" one that wasn't planned. I have been told & I don't want to talk about it or go and see her.

He says I'm being a brat for not showing face - but pregnant people freak me out and I also don't know what to say, and I don't want to touch the bump or be responsible for watching the other children.

I told her at a birthday party about my desire to have a marriage and baby and told her my "baby name" and now she has announced the child is going to have that NAME. What!!!!

Should I just go and play nice?

I would say go and show face but the truth of the matter is you have a right to be upset at the fact that she basically used your name idea.

I would be furious.

My significant others sister is pregnant with baby no 4. This is a "late" one that wasn't planned. I have been told & I don't want to talk about it or go and see her.

He says I'm being a brat for not showing face - but pregnant people freak me out and I also don't know what to say, and I don't want to touch the bump or be responsible for watching the other children.

I told her at a birthday party about my desire to have a marriage and baby and told her my "baby name" and now she has announced the child is going to have that NAME. What!!!!

Should I just go and play nice?

Oh, Paleeze . . .

but pregnant people freak me out and I also don't know what to say, and I don't want to touch the bump or be responsible for watching the other children - You don't have to touch the bump nor do you have to watch the other children. And, all you should say is congratulations. You sound like a 12 year old.

but pregnant people freak me out -- Well, I hope when you're pregnant, others don't treat you like a leper.

I very seriously doubt that she named her own baby as a matter of spite . . .

Be a grown up and be polite and try to blend in with his family. This is the guy you want to propose to you, yes? You need to make an effort here and not stir up unnecessary and juvenile problems that don't need to exist.

• Like 3

If pregnant women freak you out why do you want to have a child? You will have to go through 9 months of freaking out. Also I doubt she wants you to touch her baby bump as most pregnant women hate people touching their stomachs and I don't blame them. Definitely don't go if you feel this way.

• Like 1

Yes, you are being a brat.

To reiterate on previous comments, you don't have to touch the belly. You don't have to mind kids. For what it's worth, she'd probably be grateful to have someone who isn't fawning over her pregnancy.

While it may be disappointing that she's using the name you wanted, she may also have wanted this name for a long time. Not to mention, you may not have a child of that gender - or you might not have babies at all.

If you want your partner in your life, you need to pretend to be nice.

• Like 1
GunslingerRoland

I'd be pissed about the name thing... that isn't cool at all. I'd say something about it.

But the rest is weird, if you are freaked out by pregnant women and don't want to spend time with other people's kids, why would you want to have your own?

If she continues with juvenile attitudes and behavior, the name issue will be moot . . . she can use that name with whomever she actually does marry and have kids with.

Its not that bumps or pregnancy or children freak her out it is all to do with jealousy.

The SO's sister "has it all" - the marriage, the kids, and the pregnancy, the OP is in a relationship which is essentially going nowhere.

Her SO is in her mind torturing her with his sister, so she doesn't want to play that game, he is in effect rubbing her nose in it

"No I don't really want to marry you, but go and play happy families with my sister, who has everything that you don't have..."

• Like 2

This is really childish. She probably had that name in mind already. I am sure the name you picked is 2017 trendy and thousands of little 'baby name' will be born this year.

As per your other thread you won't start making babies this year so god knows what name will be trendy when you do have a child.

Hope you don't freak at your own belly then.

I am 64 and have thus far managed to avoid any babysitting. It's real easy. I wasn't trying to be mean when I said this, but it certainly took babysitting off the table in a hurry: "Oh, no. I don't even like to hold babies. I feel like I'm holding a sack of sand that is about to drop." Also, just tell them you have no experience with kids. Any parent who'd leave one with you isn't much of a parent. You'll have plenty of time to practice on your own. It's not like having kids automatically makes you a GOOD mother.