He called me kiddo!

Half Of What We Know

I would just like to preface this with I know this situation was doomed from the start just from the nature of how we met. I know.

So with my job I have a lot of stress and it's made my back go all out of wack so of course, I saw a chiropractor. Now every doctor I've ever had has been either really old or a woman. So, considered me floored when the doctor walks in and he's GORGEOUS. Maybe not in the traditional way but he definitely works for me.

Anyway, we start talking and he and I have SO much in common.

I know it's in his job to be personable and make me laugh but I also can't help but feel like he is flirting. Sometimes he asked me very personal questions and it's not at all creepy but more like he's trying to get to know me on a personal level. For example today we had a conversation about how I was in a sorority in college. He asked about the sorority and that got us on the subject of if I'd ever been to parties. I told him that I had dated a few fraternity guys in my day so I did attend a couple parties but that those guys were not mature enough for me at all. He laughed and told me that I needed to look for someone who was older and more mature and serious about life. And I couldn't help but think if he was referring to himself.

On another occasion we talked about how he was going to a sporting event that would be televised on TV and he jokingly told me that I should look for him. I thought that was kind of interesting but didn't think anything of it until he brought it up again today and said you're gonna look for me right? I thought it was interesting that he brought this up two times in a row and I'm not sure if I'm reading into that or not.

We definitely laugh a lot so much that the receptionist even brought it up. But the problem is that I'm 24 and he's 32. I thought this might be too much of an age difference but I've always been mature for my age so I didn't think too much about it. That was until he called me kiddo. It was kind of said in the middle of an adjustment almost like he wasn't thinking about it but at the same time I couldn't help but think he wouldn't of said it unless he saw me as a kid. Now, at 24 years old I really don't think I'm a kid but maybe I am to a 32 year old. He definitely smiles at me a lot and is very interested in my life and my job. I feel like he's flirting but sometimes I can't tell if it's just his job or if it's him.

I know it's a bad idea because he's my doctor technically but I can't get it out of my head.

Also I should know that he is not married and I I am 90% sure that he single.

Any ideas on what kiddo possibly means?

• Like 1

snip

Any ideas on what kiddo possibly means?

I've always seen it as a rather patronising mode of address from an older person to younger person, but in this case it might not mean that.

It might just have been a poor choice of words, because he was concentrating on doing the adjustment. Maybe.

I doubt that he does actually see you as a kid though, because the age difference isn't huge.

But I don't know...

Take care.

• Like 1

He is telling you to not think about his friendly behavior to be anything more than a friendly ,polite doctor. He might have picked up vibes from you , so he is making it clear in his own way

• Like 1

*raises hand*

I call my girlfriend kid .....not all the time, but frequently enough to mention it! :laugh: I don't know why? I've used it on other girls as well though in the past, only girls i've been 'involved' with though!

Kiddo?!?

:sick:

IMO, dude just lost all cool points ever earned. But, if he uses terms like "kiddo", guaranteed he has no cool points to lose...so, he's quite in the negative when it comes to cool points, like below zero already.

My guess is that he was being personable and friendly to hook you as a client. Later, he realized he was too chummy and called you kiddo to rein things in a little. Sadly, I doubt he realizes calling you kiddo was patronizing.

• Like 1
LivingWaterPlease

I believe the Dr. is interested in you because twice he's told you to look for him at a sporting event. Ime guys who aren't interested in a woman don't do that.

I had a deep romantic relationship with a guy who often called me kiddo. He was a year or two older than I, can't recall exactly how much but no more than two years older. Honestly, the kiddo bit bothered me a little because it sounds so platonic but he did enough other romantic stuff that I could deal with an occasional kiddo!" :)

If he's not married, I'd say flirt it up with him and see where it goes! And keep us posted!

My ex husband who I was married to for 25 years called me kiddo all the time. He also calls our kids kiddo. He's only two years older than me.

the_entertainer1

An older guy, with whom I have quite a flirtatious relationship, occasionally calls me kiddo. The age gap is bigger than yours. I used to freak out about it, and wonder if he does just see me as a 'kid', but I've grown to believe that he uses it more as a term of endearment. He's continued to flirt with me too, so the age gap can't be that off-putting!

• Like 1

If he's not married, I'd say flirt it up with him and see where it goes! And keep us posted!

And get him struck off the medical register for unprofessional conduct??

Doctors are not allowed to flirt and have relationships with their patients.

• Like 2

Hi Grays, was that the reason he's an ex? But seriously, OP just keep your relationship that of doctor/ patient. Once you've finished with your treatment you can pursue options IG you wish. However make sure he is a bachelor before you take matters further. As Gray said her husband of 25 years used to call her kiddo all the time so don't over think it. Warm wishes.