Do people with BPD or narcissistic people disorder...

Do people with BPD or narcissistic people disorder get surprised when you block them and maintain no contact after they give you the silent treatment? or do they expect you to chase them?

Fleur de cactus

Yes they get surprised and upset. Because they cannot support the idea of being dumped. Usually they are the one who leave you and when they are rejected they cannot believe it and got mad.

Sunkissedpatio

Whether you have BPD or NPD it's human nature to go after what you can't have so dumpers sometimes do want the ego stroke.

I would think someone with a definable disorder would want the ego stroke that much more.

• Like 1

I think it's human nature to want what we can't have.

Blocking, for someone with BPD, is about protection. When you have extreme emotions, you take extreme measures to protect them. There may be times when vindictiveness or spite are involved, but in general, it is about avoiding emotions that are overwhelming.

So, yes, I'm sure they are shocked/angered/sad when they see that they've been blocked and it will most likely affect them to a much higher degree than it would you or anyone else. Their "black and white" way of thinking allows no gray area. They could easily perceive you blocking them as being a cruel and hateful attack, even though they initiated NC to begin with.

• Like 3

Narcissists just expect you to act like their schedule and what they want is the most important thing in the world and that you should just go along with their crap. They believe everyone should think their needs come first. Bipolar isn't the same mindset unless they are also narcississtic.

• Like 3
  • Author

but isnt that a bit contradicting?

How do they leave you and then expect you to chase after them after you strictly maintain NC?

would love some insight on someone who experienced this or dated a narc.

but isnt that a bit contradicting?

How do they leave you and then expect you to chase after them after you strictly maintain NC?

would love some insight on someone who experienced this or dated a narc.

I have an ex who is a narc. You are trying to apply reason and emotion to someone who has no feelings. It will never make sense because you are not dealing with someone who is "normal". That relationship was by far the worst I ever had. The highs were amazing, but the lows were torture.

• Like 2

am battling with a narc

be aware that when they want to come back into your life, they will be nice and charming, which therapists call "hoovering" and hoovering is the entry point for more bullying and manipulation later on

• Like 2