What vibes do single / available people give ?

Apart from asking or no ring on finger, how do people know if you are single or taken ? My picker says :

The way they walk. It's different from those attached.

The ' air' they have around them. Either you see desperation or content or too self conscious.

Taken people are not interested in chatting up every person with 2 legs that catches their eye.

How else do you know ?

• Like 1
The_Dork_Lard

They're the ones who are in shape, and haven't let themselves go. They're usually smiling too, often smugly.

• Like 4

In a lot of ways you don't until you ask. From what I've seen those, there are plenty of ways women will dress differently if sending out signals. Usually tighter more revealing clothes.

• Like 2
  • Author

Yeah, provocatively dressed women ! Unfortunately, men's dress sense doesn't change , either single or taken !lol

• Like 1

From observing the verifiably single women I know, meaning female friends and acquaintances, the vibes I get are 'stay away', not towards myself since I'm a friend but rather projected outward. There's a closed aura about them. However, to my knowledge they're all single by choice, meaning they have no interest in dealing with a man at this point in life. Sure, they might entertain transitory desires and I've heard those but there's nothing overt to put out the 'I'm available for mating' sign. However, knowing some for a long time I have seen the available sign out so I know they have the skills. Generally though, they don't need them to get male attention so keep them stowed.

If anything, it's my married female friends who are more openly flirty and dress more provocatively, meaning in a more sexually alluring fashion. I see this as a safety thing. They're married so can play more without any worry of consequences. A simple point to their H or 'I'm married' and any 'misunderstandings' are shut down.

Hence, I would apply vibes from the married ones as applicable, with provocative dress, erect and thrusting body posture, direct and lingering eye contact, a propensity to laugh and exhibit open body language, purposely getting into one's space and touching. There's also more sexually explicit stuff but that goes a bit beyond 'vibe' into 'yeah, no ambiguity honey'. It's all fun. Heh.

• Like 2
Apart from asking or no ring on finger, how do people know if you are single or taken ? My picker says :

The way they walk. It's different from those attached.

The ' air' they have around them. Either you see desperation or content or too self conscious.

Taken people are not interested in chatting up every person with 2 legs that catches their eye.

How else do you know ?

Then your picker is likely to land you with insecure, desperate people who are not content within themselves. If that's what you want, go for it. It wouldn't be my choice though.

Single people give off the vibe of being available when someone of interest hits their radar. If someone isn't being available to your signals then move on. They aren't interested in you.

• Like 2

You really cannot know for sure, and you may want to account for the racial differences as well. I tend to assume they are taken rather than assume they are not. That is safer. The best looking ones are probably taken or else not interested. They may give off a look like "I'm hot--you're not" Funny but I once saw a black woman with a large necklace written TAKEN. True.

Just look for the ring and don't worry.

• Like 1

It's mostly an unconsciously transmitted message, and it's mostly unconsciously received.

• Like 2
thecrucible

I don't want to hijack the thread but I want to know how to identify men who are available/interested in me or want to approach me? I am quite shy and reserved so I think I come across as a bit standoffish.

In reply to the OP, I think that certain people give off available and flirty vibes. I know I do with certain guys. Recently it's not as much because I put on weight and just don't feel attractive enough to get a man. I mean I have a pretty face but I hate that I've gone up a dress size. So I don't think this is always a sign. Some attached women are very flirty because they want an outlet and because they know that nothing has to come of it.

I think you can tell sometimes if she is looking intently at you and positions herself close to you in order to try and get your attention and start up a conversation. In conversation you can generally tell whether it is a friendly vibe or something else and, by questions she asks, in what way she is interested in you.

If I walked up to a guy and was asking him questions to get information like where an event is or directions somewhere then that is the whole extent of our interaction. If I see a guy and strike up conversation and ask him more in-depth questions, I'm intrigued by him. I will also look at him in a certain way. It's hard to describe. If I only see him as a friend I am usually too confident because I am not worried about what he thinks of me. Slight nervousness is a good sign of interest.

I don't want to hijack the thread but I want to know how to identify men who are available/interested in me or want to approach me? I am quite shy and reserved so I think I come across as a bit standoffish.

'Available' comes through time or sleuthing with guys and, generally, any guy who bends into your space has, at minimum, some sexual interest in you. Guys generally spend time with guys and do guy things and mating is the exception and when a gal catches his eye, that's pretty much it. Reproductive winners are direct and persistent and don't waffle. You know. The hard part is knowing, for sure, whether they're married/taken or not. Can't help much with that, or any assurances on relationships stuff. The only clear vibe IMO is the sexual one.

bluefeather
They're usually smiling too, often smugly.

lol... it's funny cuz it's true... for some anyway!

• Like 2
Apart from asking or no ring on finger, how do people know if you are single or taken ?

Eye contact and personal space...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1