Summer break distance

Hi everyone,

I have a small question and would appreciate your feedback. Me and my gf have been good for the most part. We're not perfect but we handle our problems fairly well I think.

She recently left to California to visit family , and the distance is feeling worse day by day. We talk throughout the day with a few texts (2-6) for the most part. She calls here and then but we talk for 5-10 minutes. She agreed that we would have one day in the week where we talk 30mins - 1 hour. My problem is feeling disconnected at times since whenever I call her she usually texts me back or explains why she can't talk. I usually do my best to not be on top of her since I don't want to invade her personal space, plus she's on vacation.

These past 2 weeks we have talked on the phone , but only briefly (5-10 minutes). Not the 30mins -1 hour as we agreed. For the most part I'm fine, but when I feel like talking to her to catch up she dosen't pick up. This makes me go a little nuts, and that's when I kinda loose it and send texts explaining that I feel like i can't ever reach her.

We already talk as little as it is, is it healthy or normal that I want to talk to my girlfirend on the phone..? Honest feedback is appreciated.

You are used to having her around & this is a tough change. But it's temporary and you have a lot of contact thanks to technology.

I was on the East Coast & dated a guy in California for almost 2 years. We had snail mail & 1 phone call for 1 hour on Wednesdays after 11 pm when the phone rates went down.

Count your blessings that you have way more options. Don't pout. Don't push for more than she can give while she's on the other side of the country. Keep yourself busy. Don't pester her tor fret about what you don't have. Use the time apart to keep yourself interesting; show her that you trust her & your relationship by enjoying your summer too.

• Like 2
  • Author

Thanks for your feedback! I will keep myself busy and I feel like I have these past couple of weeks.

Just sucks feeling the way I did. I like you're mentality and I will begin to apply it.

Life is too short..

It's only for a season and soon you will be back to your normal routine. Perhaps now that she has settled in for a couple weeks she will be able to give you more time. In the meantime, let her know how you are feeling and would like to set up a time to talk. Set a date and time, this was she can plan ahead have you scheduled. It may seem odd to have to schedule a date or time to talk, but at times, especially in long distance relationships, it takes some extra steps to stay connected.