Love + alcohol = fights

Hi all,

When me and my girlfriend go out drinking most of the time we have a big fall out. Drinking a lot seems to really kick us off against each other, last night my girlfriend hit me round head twice and i have just woke up with a deep scratch on face. She said to me she dont know what caused it, sometimes it is me having a go at her or her having a go at me, last night it was her who had too much.

Does anyone else have a similar problem with there partner? Any advice?

You both need to make a choice: binge drinking or good relationship. It all depends on whether you both love alcohol more than your partner.

Quiet Storm

Stop drinking. Or just have a couple drinks. It sounds like you two are going too far with it.

You both get to the point where you can't control yourselves. Eventually something really bad is going to happen. Something that apologies in the morning won't fix. You don't sound American, so hopefully no guns in the house? This could get dangerous.

Really drunk people are just unattractive, anyway. When you drink that much, you two are showing your worst selves to each other. You fight because she doesn't like the intoxicated version of you & you don't like the intoxicated version of her. So why keep doing it?

I think it's fine for a couple to have a few drinks, smoke a little weed, to relax, laugh together and have fun. But you guys are waking up beat up in the morning. That's not a healthy relationship.

• Like 1
  • Author

We have made up today and just agreed to not drink so much whenever we go out together. Neither of us can remember why my girlfriend kicked off so much, its just not the first time its happend. It seems to be any little thing that annoys either of us when we drink too much and last night it was something that set her off. The way the drink makes us behave is just totally opposite of how we usually are, i might try and go a few months alcohol free im not a big drinker anyway which is maybe the problem, when we drink a lot it hits us hard.

No guns thankfully, im from London.

amaysngrace

You guys have a lot of anger. Go get some therapy instead of numbing it at the pub.

Clearly that's not working.

• Like 1

I haven't BTDT but I know a guy who had this issue with his GF. He tried to set a boundary saying that she needs to stop drinking around him because he didn't like how she treated him. She continued drinking anyway. One of the incidents I know about is she sneaked a few beers one night when he was in another room. They ended up breaking up.

I hope both of you are able to keep this up for the sake of your relationship.