Does my coworker like me?

Aworkingprofessional

Aworkingprofessional

Thank you for reading this post.

I recently got out of a longterm relationship. I am currently not looking for anything new, but I had always thought my coworker was cute. Not sure how she really feels about me or what her status is at the moment, but as I said, I'm more interested in understanding if she is interested in me or not.

These past 2 weeks, we both have been ramping up to study for a work exam to get us into a program that will enhance our careers. She has been coming to my desk a lot to ask about questions or to help me with the problems I have been stuck with. She has come to my desk once or twice a day to ask random questions, some regarding other work related things, some regarding the test.

I looked up signs that a coworker likes you on Google. I know, I know things on the Internet should be taken with a grain of salt. However, there was one thing that got my attention: noticing signs of change in body language.

When we were working on questions, there were occasions when our hands would touch, but she didn't really budge.

I took notice today that when she was approaching our other coworkers desk, the desk where I was talking to him, she started blushing, playing with her hair, and looking at me directly. She was walking directly facing me, whereas my coworker was sitting at his desk. However, she joined the conversation, standing right next to him and playfully touching him at some points.

Could you guys give me some insight about this? If you have additional questions, I'll be happy to answer them. (I know this isn't the most clear)

Thank you!

Edited by Aworkingprofessional

You're reading way to much into this and making more out of her basic actions than they truly are because you have a crush on her. She's not flirting with you just because she faces you when she walks in your direction dude lol. Cmon.

My boss touched my hand the other day reaching for the last bottle of water in the office... Doesn't mean he's secretly attracted to me and that we shared a moment.

You also said that she's doing these things like touching hands with other people in the office such as the guy next to your desk. Does she like him too then?

FYI- don't google things like "does she like me?, signs of attraction" anymore. All you're doing is searching for things that you can feed your hopes with. I could start a job tomorrow and be there for 5 minutes... If I googled "signs of attraction", I'm sure I could find something eventually that would allow me to say "hey!! Yea that happened today by that blonde girl while I was there for 5 minutes!, she must like me"

While we're at it... Never go on WebMD to diagnose yourself either. Even if you just have a cough/runny nose, that site will make you think you have three forms of cancer, AIDS, bronchitis, and menopause based on your symptoms. Thanks doc

These past 2 weeks, we both have been ramping up to study for a work exam to get us into a program that will enhance our careers. She has been coming to my desk a lot to ask about questions or to help me with the problems I have been stuck with. She has come to my desk once or twice a day to ask random questions, some regarding other work related things, some regarding the test.

Forget the co-worker and concentrate on the test, it sounds like that is what she is doing here.

Even if you are correct and she is interested in you, she is NOT going to be impressed if she passes and you fail.

After the exams, start up a conversation with her. Make it brief, but say something to make her smile, whether it's teasing her, playfully accusing her of something, referencing a previous inside joke the two of you have...anything. Once she's in a good and comfortable mood, ask her out for drinks and pick a location where you know other co-workers won't be there hanging out. Offer up two different days. Don't put any sort of friend spin on the get together, like "oh let's have drinks to celebrate the studying being over". That has a friend tone to it.

Her answer will let you know if she's interested. You'll get one of the four answers

#1 - Yes, "x" day works for me!

#2 - Yes totally, but those days don't work for me, how about "X" day next week?

#3 - Oh I'm not sure, this week's really busy,

#4 - I'm flattered you asked me out, but i'm more comfortable being friends

#1 means she's obviously interested in getting to know you more

#2 means she's interested and either her schedule genuinely doesn't work out or her or she just wants more time to process all this.

#3 means she's not interested and is providing a passive response in the hopes you "get the message"

#4 means just that. She's a confident girl with above average communication skills.

Oh with Valentine's Day tomorrow, since she's single, she likely wouldn't mind a text message from any guy friend and will think of it as a sweet gesture. It can also plant a small seed in her head.