Women Who Approach Men?

Several of my friends have noticed that I get approached quite frequently whenever we go out.

They will almost always point it out to me, telling me exactly what these women did, and informing me it's a big deal I need to follow up on.

As a result of their "training," I'm noticing these approaches more and more.

I'm sometimes disappointed, as a certain percentage of these "approaches" don't seem to go anywhere. As in, maybe a third of these women are standoffish even after they have approached me.

Do women sometimes approach men without any intention of dating or follow up?

Yes & no. I was always wiling to talk to anyone & would approach someone who looked interesting in the moment. It may be that was all she was after, conversation & perhaps light flirting then and there. Or it could be that having interacted with you, she concluded that her superficial impressions, based solely on what you looked like, did not match your personality so she no longer had interest in moving forward.

• Like 1

I agree with your friends. You should always assume it's a green light and seize the opportunity. (Assuming you feel attracted to them)

thefooloftheyear

Not saying it's true for you, OP, but be careful what your buddies say.....

Most guys think that any woman that even looks at a guy or asks a simple question or holds a door is after them...Many times it's not the case...

Additionally, many women approach guys that aren't intimidating(physically or ??)...They will talk and chat them up, but never in a way that will lead to anything...Kinda like they do with gay guys, only these guys aren't gay and wind up frustrated to hell...

Again, not saying it's the case in your scenario...It's possible there is interest...Go for it and you will get your answer...

TFY

• Like 1

Regardless of tone or content, so far anyway, 99.99% of any approaches have been for purposes other than dating or following up with anything relating to dating or romance. I'm allowing a small percentage for MW's whom I believe did have intentions related to sex or dating but thought better of that. However, I couldn't read their minds so don't know for sure.

The most common reason for a woman to approach is when they want something, not to be confused with wanting me. That varies by woman and circumstances. The most common want, besides using my skillset, is attention. Unremarkable, probably generational and demographic. We still have fairly rigid gender roles.

BronzeAgeJaeger217

Ya I would imagine that most of the time when women do approach men, they do if without any romantinc/sexual intentions

i'm an approacher and a majority of the time it's b/c the guy looks easy to chat with/flirt with/laugh with. i'd actually have a harder time approaching a guy i found really appealing/attractive, so it tends to be easier to go up to guys that i'm not romantically/physically into.

BronzeAgeJaeger217
Got approached this morning. Gave directions.

I'm sure this thread is about women approaching men in the sense of pursuing a date and relationship

Sometimes I will start chatting with a guy just to pass time. No I am not attracted or interested, he's just there and I'm bored. Sorry guys. :(

For example, a couple weeks ago, during my lunch hour, I was sitting outside by the fountain eating my sammy.

Just to pass time, I started chatting with the guy sitting next to me.

So we were chatting, laughing, it was fun, but I was not at all attracted to him.

He must've thought I was though, cuz he asked me to have lunch with him later in the week.

I thanked him for the invite, but turned him down as I was not interested in dating him....again he was there and I simply started chatting to pass time.

I do the same with women too.

Depend on the location, the place, the time, depend if you're also a stud or you just look like a genuine friendly and easy going dude.

That has happened to me a lot, I'm not delusional and I know it's not most of the time for a quick fling. Sometimes they wanted the time, direction of if I was smoking, a smoke.

Saying only 0,01% of women approaching men randomly in the streets (not in clubs, bars etc) seems a bit low in my experience. I'd say more like 2/3% and that's still not a lot.

I like these encounters, even if that doesn't lead to dating. A friendly or flirty chat never hurt anyone.