Another Powerful Movie Re Love, Relationships, Addiction

Days of Wine and Roses.

Jack Lemmon.....omg wow, even more powerful than "Flight", the movie I referenced in previous thread.

Why? Why? Why?

They were so in love too! So so in love.

Heartbreaking, can't stop crying now.

I think my ex is in rehab. I have really been missing him.

Ah..... you are watching TCM's 30 Days of Oscars!

I know what you are going through. I went through the same thing with my Ex and couldn't watch Judy Garland's A Star Is Born for years because of

It completely encapsulates how an enabler feels and is heartbreaking....

• Author
Ah..... you are watching TCM's 30 Days of Oscars!

I know what you are going through. I went through the same thing with my Ex and couldn't watch Judy Garland's A Star Is Born for years because of

It completely encapsulates how an enabler feels and is heartbreaking....

Yes, TCM...and guess what?

A Star Is Born is on next.

I have not recovered from Days of Wine and Roses yet....so think I will skip it.

You were involved with a drug addict? Alcoholic?

I am so sorry. :(

I left before it got super bad (check my previous threads if interested), but I miss him, and am contemplating getting back together with him, assuming he is in fact in rehab, which is what I suspect.

I am rethinking this tho after seeing this movie.

You were involved with a drug addict? Alcoholic?

I am so sorry. :(

Yes - the ending of that relationship is what brought me to LS back in '08. It took me a full two years to get over a 2 1/2-year relationship. He used everything; drugs, alcohol, prostitutes...

I was a professional wine writer at the time and there was a morning where I came home from the gym at 8:00 a.m. and he had opened and was drinking an irreplaceable $1,200 bottle of wine from my cellar.

Truly a toxic, toxic situation. After we broke up, his mother spent $60k for him to go to rehab. It didn't stick and to this day, he is living "on skid row" even though his family is worth millions...

I miss him, and am contemplating getting back together with him, assuming he is in fact in rehab, which is what I suspect.

I am rethinking this tho after seeing this movie.

Please go to AlAnon before getting back together. You may have enabler tendencies which is hard to work through.

I wish you the best... :bunny::bunny::bunny:

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you Carrie......a few others (not from LS) have suggested Al Anon as well so will look into it. It would be helpful to interact with others going through this.

Yeah, the relapsing is what I am concerned about.

I am sorry for your experience. ...I am glad you are doing well now though.

Wish you the best too.

• Like 1

Definitely get your butt to Al-Anon, regardless of what happens going forward with your relationship. I spent a good year there, helped me tremendously.

• Like 1
  • Author
Definitely get your butt to Al-Anon, regardless of what happens going forward with your relationship. I spent a good year there, helped me tremendously.

Thanks dobie ....definitely gonna look into it next week.

And hell, you too?

Did not know that! Glad you got help.

I did not think I needed it as I left the RL, but now I see I do....very much.

I think I am addicted too in a way. To the past and how good it all was before all this crap happened.

I am having trouble letting go, and should be starting to feel better now, but I don't ...I feel worse!

Anyhoo, thanks again dobie and Carrie. :)

I didn't go until it was over either, and he was in jail for 180 days, 127 with good behavior. Go. :)

I don't want to pre-educate or influence you about what you'll discover about yourself, you just will learn and grow. So go.

Oh darn. I missed this. I love the remake of "A Star is Born" with Babs and have always wanted to see the Judy Garland version.