Would you go and talk to a stranger?

I am wondering how often guys do this? If I am out for an evening at a music event or something, sometimes a guy will come over to me and strike up a conversation. I don't know if this means the guy is attracted to me in some way or if some guys are just more sociable and do this wherever they go. I'm in my 50s now so it's nice that it still happens.

Hey, don't look a gift horse in the mouth! You have a charisma or it wouldn't be happening as much. He probably is attracted to you. He may have no idea how old you are....

• Like 2
I am wondering how often guys do this? If I am out for an evening at a music event or something, sometimes a guy will come over to me and strike up a conversation. I don't know if this means the guy is attracted to me in some way or if some guys are just more sociable and do this wherever they go. I'm in my 50s now so it's nice that it still happens.

Spiderbowl,

Sure all the the time. I make it a habit to try and engage a stranger, or someone who I do not know at least once a day. Now, I am married, and not on the make, but I have always felt that you are isolated when you let yourself be.

Spiderbowl, I would do the same. Talk to guys, girls, old and young. Make it a habit. It is always amazing what comes out. Keep it on simple subject and see what happens. Mostly, not much, every once and a while a really good conversation comers out.

My two cents, and I wish you luck......

Edited by understand50
Spelling.........
  • Like 3
WaitingForBardot

I chat people up, women and men, all the time when I'm out and about. Like understand50 I'm not on the make, but sometimes I like and am attracted to the women I talk to. Just a couple of days ago I had a nice conversation with a woman at the coffee grinding station at the supermarket. We were waiting our turns so I just started talking. She was quite receptive and had I been single I would have tried to maneuver it into something more. As it was we had a nice chat and went on our separate ways.

• Like 1

I'm a woman. I will talk to anybody in my proximity. Attraction doesn't play a part in it.

however, if there was effort involved -- deliberately crossing a room to talk to them, then there may be attraction.

• Like 2

Hi spider bowl, as long as you are not giving them 'Come hither' looks nothing to worry about. As Peraph said you probably have that charisma or exude a quiet confidence which men find attractive. Why worry if it gets you welcome attention and doesn't turn into something unpleasant! Have fun while you're at it. By the way are you married? If that be the case your husband should worry! Chuckle.

JustGettingBy

Music events are, usually, social by nature. These kinds of places are usually well open to having strangers approach each other.

Music events are, usually, social by nature. These kinds of places are usually well open to having strangers approach each other.

I go to concerts alone and don't speak to anyone.

I am quick to strike up a conversation with strangers - men and women alike. But apparently what I consider normal conversation and joking can be taken as flirting. So far no men have misunderstood... thank goodness :D but I had a date that raised hell over me talking with a waitress. :laugh:

• Like 1