Rejecting someone to make them love you!

Can you reject someone to make them love you?

If a guy liked a girl and the girl ignored him, then liked him slightly. And then HE rejected HER.. she became upset and started to realize how attached she became to him. Time passed. And then the guy tried to find a way to talk to her again.

Do you think he might have rejected to consciously or unconsciously make her realize that she really was in love with him?

• Like 1
todreaminblue

if you start playing games you have a fifty fifty chance of bombing out......i think and really do feel its better to be honest about emotions.....it sets up a better understanding to begin with.....

as far as the girl you speak of...i dont know her.....it depends on how interested she was in the first place i guess...people do change their mind....if she believes that and was truly interested ...then its possible to work things out..i wouldnt however admit to playing games...reverse psychology only works on some people..deb

• Like 1

get a new love interest... in the end, when these type of games are being played, even if the 2 are good players, the person who falls inlove ends up most hurt.

Find a new partner who enjoys and appreciates your attention, OP. You will be soooo surprised at how good having someone appreciating your interest and returning that interest back makes you feel. Really... There's nothing like liking someone and being liked back. Tell yourself that and move on.

I've experienced the following scenario:

• Man pursues woman.
  • Woman rejects man, offers friendship.
  • Man rejects friendship and goes no contact.
  • Time passes.
  • Woman pursues man.

• Man pursues woman.
  • Time passes.
  • Woman pursues man.

...and then?

The best foundation for a relationship is feeling secure...good about the other person. A feeling of 'comfy'.

Cliche but this comes from honesty. Trust.

Women like men with integrity. Integrity is earned by being truthful and 'not' playing games. Don't let doubts creep into your relationship. Be the guy we can depend upon to be rock solid in his word. We want this in a man.

• Like 1

When you play that sort of childish manipulative game, even if it seems to work at first, it's not a basis on which a healthy, sustainable relationship is built.

In other words, it's a recipe for ultimate failure.

• Like 1
  • Author

• Man pursues woman.
  • Time passes.
  • Woman pursues man.

yes she did pursue the guy... but stopped. and now he wants to contact her but doesn't quite know how to..

JustGettingBy
yes she did pursue the guy... but stopped. and now he wants to contact her but doesn't quite know how to..

Meow! Squeak!

Interesting.

I'd have to agree with the NO games part, and let the chips fall where they may. Easier said then done of course.

IMO, making any type of 'decision', when pressure of any negative format is present, it does not make for a stable environment.

Baby steps, of course - but in doing so, we also risk the other shoe to drop (hypothetically).

...and then?
Nothing. I was dating someone else by the time she reached out.

To be clear, I was not playing games. When she rejected me, I had no interest in her friendship. I did not reject her friendship in hopes of changing her mind.

• Author
Interesting.

I'd have to agree with the NO games part, and let the chips fall where they may. Easier said then done of course.

IMO, making any type of 'decision', when pressure of any negative format is present, it does not make for a stable environment.

Baby steps, of course - but in doing so, we also risk the other shoe to drop (hypothetically).

the guy made real baby steps... he hacked her!... and sent her messages through pinterest and Facebook.. and liked videos about love on youtube!!!

Loving someone and not wanting to lose are different.

Some people don't like to lose or be rejected. That is, even if they don't really love or like you, you rejecting them makes them question their worth or makes them feel like they lost, so they seek your approval after a rejection, even when they didn't initially want you, but they do it to win so the last word is that you didn't reject them...it's not about love. And usually with these kinds of games the subsequent relationship quickly falls apart as it's not built on genuine love but simply egos, wanting validation and wanting to win.

• Like 1