Does it mean anything when a guy tells a girl she's, "awesome" and "amazing?"

Like does it mean that he's really into her? All this before actually taking it to a relationship level? Or is this a common thing that guys say to girls? For example...that she's pretty, or cute, etc, etc. I'm pretty sure guys say that to girls all the time.

Depends on the man... obviously. Some will trot anything out to get laid. Some will trot anything out because they're emotionally immature and genuinely spread it on thick when they're infatuated. Some will only say such things when they really mean it. And some will never say such things at all even if they feel it.

I only use superlatives when I really give a damn about someone and I know it's welcome. I have to be close to someone for some time and feel it's something they want to hear before "I like that dress" becomes "I love that dress" or "I think you're nice" becomes "I think you're awesome".

Frank2thepoint

It's a compliment. Nothing less. I have said it to women because it was true. They did something that was amazing or awesome. It doesn't automatically mean the guy likes the girl. It's possible, but not a guarantee. If in doubt, you could just ask the guy why he thinks you are amazing/awesome, just to see what he says.

Rejected Rosebud

It might mean he thinks she is awesome and amazing but just like with other things in dating just wait to see if he ACTS like he thinks you are awesome and amazing over time.

• Like 1
It might mean he thinks she is awesome and amazing but just like with other things in dating just wait to see if he ACTS like he thinks you are awesome and amazing over time.

Or he thinks so in the moment but it dissipates by the next day or so. Or it doesn't

so, conclusion?

If he doesn't ask her out, then he is not that into her?

Conclusion: You have insufficient information to draw any conclusions.
  • Like 1
Rejected Rosebud
so, conclusion?

If he doesn't ask her out, then he is not that into her?

Well either that or he might be married or gay. If he is single straight and open to dating and he doesn't ask her out ... then YES he isn't "that into her" ! :)
  • Like 1