The Dance of the Peacock Spider...

...and if she doesn't like his dance, she eats him. Guys, you have nothing to complain about because we don't eat you guys...

How could she not like his dance?

• Like 3

I hate those furrry little spiders with the chompy-chompy teeth.

Well, at least I know "why" they do that hopping around....when I thought it was to terrorise and creep me out.

But this goes to show how these insects are programmed for males to have to impress females before she will allow him to mate with her.

Deny biology or not in humans drive to mate, and argue equality all you want, men at the end of the day have a need/drive to impress women to seek a mate.

And no, while we won't literally bite off a man's head, female rejection is sorta like a punch in the gut to a man.

• Like 1
I hate those furrry little spiders with the chompy-chompy teeth.

Well, at least I know "why" they do that hopping around....when I thought it was to terrorise and creep me out.

But this goes to show how these insects are programmed for males to have to impress females before she will allow him to mate with her.

Deny biology or not in humans drive to mate, and argue equality all you want, men at the end of the day have a need/drive to impress women to seek a mate.

And no, while we won't literally bite off a man's head, female rejection is sorta like a punch in the gut to a man.

A rejection when a man puts himself out there is rather like saying "Nope, everything you are simply isn't enough." Social niceties aside and down to the bare bones biology, that is what a guy can feel. The lady gets to walk off totally unscathed but rather with a hop in her step because a man made an effort on her. Some men take this better than others.

In day to day encounters, most ladies probably feel bad saying no when a guy takes a chance, and most men just brush it off because really there are so many factors that play into this initial phase, however that kick from the rejection hurts.