Committed Relationships Don't Work For Anyone. Ever

Committed relationships, sex, companionship, love and having children are no longer necessary in our modern society, its really that simple. Requiring these to survive is no longer relevant in modern day society and requiring them in order to be happy have become manmade concepts meant to keep us under control, attached and living in fear.

The age old mystery of women from venus and men from mars is because everyone has tried to make something work that was never designed to work. The only reason we keep doing it is because:

1. We have chemicals inside of us that draws us to the opposite sex, but these eventually dissipate after a certain time, which is why the "spark" we feel always dies.

2. We are brainwashed 99.9% of our day giving us the opposite information. Every movie, every show, every song on the radio, every advert, every magazine, all your friends and family, every person you meet is reiterating that you should keep participating in something that doesn't work.

Of course the retort will be that we can make relationships work, but only with a lot of hard work, which is why half of marriages don't end in divorces. Of course relationships are meant to BE work and that's the reason why they don't work. The only relationships that work are those that mimic non serious relationships.

We have a whole world chasing something that is no longer relevant and doesn't work. Mind is blown but when you realise this, you realise you're on a whole other playing field of life and life is finally easy and delightful.

U mad that relationships dont work?

• Like 2

I'm interested to see the responses here.

I myself am wondering the same thing. Perhaps not as explicitly as OP.

• Author
I'm interested to see the responses here.

I myself am wondering the same thing. Perhaps not as explicitly as OP.

Your average Human Being is attached to many things, which causes them MUCH suffering daily.

However, the number 1 thing that they will not let go of is relationships. They just won't do it, nor will they hear it. They will keep bashing their head into life until they die and the reason is because they are terrified to be free. They wont accept the reality that yes you are alone and yes your committeed relationships and love are an illusion.

• Like 1
Let me guess, you just got dumped?

LMAO! Gaeta... every once in a while.... you really come out with some zingers...

This one was priceless! :)

• Like 1

Only just realise this did you?

Look, there are species in nature that mate for life. If their partners die, they will NEVER take another mate. It is built into them at an instinctual, biological level.

Human beings don't share this quality. We can and do take multiple partners during a single lifetime. Some people marry multiple times.

The point is, that as social animals, we are drawn to each other. People generally don't *want* to be left alone, with no one to share their life with.

Committed relationships most certainly do take work. But does that fact that they don't always last mean they have no value? Even our lives don't last forever. The sun above our heads won't last forever. Does that mean existence is essentially pointless? Or does it mean that our challenge to learn to appreciate the limited time we have, sharing with the people we love and who love us.

Relationships can be difficult, but looking back at mine, I don't regret a single minute I invested in any of them. Some of my favorite people in this life have been my romantic partners.

• Like 7
  • Author
LMAO! Gaeta... every once in a while.... you really come out with some zingers...

This one was priceless! :)

Not really, it's a common robotic response from an attached human who doesn't realise that dating and relationships is a very low level of life.

• Author
Only just realise this did you?

Look, there are species in nature that mate for life. If their partners die, they will NEVER take another mate. It is built into them at an instinctual, biological level.

Human beings don't share this quality. We can and do take multiple partners during a single lifetime. Some people marry multiple times.

The point is, that as social animals, we are drawn to each other. People generally don't *want* to be left alone, with no one to share their life with.

Committed relationships most certainly do take work. But does that fact that they don't always last mean they have no value? Even our lives don't last forever. The sun above our heads won't last forever. Does that mean existence is essentially pointless? Or does it mean that our challenge to learn to appreciate the limited time we have, sharing with the people we love and who love us.

Relationships can be difficult, but looking back at mine, I don't regret a single minute I invested in any of them. Some of my favorite people in this life have been my romantic partners.

There is nothing wrong with experiencing what happens between a man and a woman, I'm saying never, ever be attached to it.

99.9% of people are attached to it.

Not really, it's a common robotic response from an attached human who doesn't realise that dating and relationships is a very low level of life.

I find it deeply sad you feel that way.

You speak as one who's never really felt the joy of real intimacy before.

• Like 1

Apparently you haven't met the right partner yet... because I just engaged to my 5+ year boyfriend, and we are both experiencing a very HIGH level of life! While still maintaining our independence and free-thinking/spirited natures.

So while you are entitled to your opinion (which I do respect by the way)... I rather resent your assertion that everyone, especially those of us who are in happy fulfilling relationships, should share your POV.

• Like 3
There is nothing wrong with experiencing what happens between a man and a woman, I'm saying never, ever be attached to it.

Detaching yourself in such a way is an act of fear. Detaching yourself is simply a coping mechanism to avoid pain.

Learning to be attached, to love in the moment, *while* accepting that this beautiful thing you've found will someday end. That is a real challenge.

• Like 2
Stage5Clinger
U mad that relationships dont work?

Refuse to listen to your garbage post. My grandparents were together for like 60 years. The invent of the internet didn't turn everyone into heartless pieces of ****. It takes work but if you're not willing to put in the time then resign yourself to the corner of your bedroom for the rest of eternity while I continue to practice, fail, experience, and ultimately win. You're a quitter. Quit on your own time. Don't try to bring other people down to your level.

• Like 2
Grumpybutfun

Who are you trying to convince? Those who are in them or those who are hopeful for them or those who can't get them? Some of us don't mind hard work for something that gives us pleasure and purpose. We think it is better to participate in life rather than proselytize due to regrets or fear.

Go your own way, it is for the best,

G

• Like 3
Detaching yourself in such a way is an act of fear. Detaching yourself is simply a coping mechanism to avoid pain.

Learning to be attached, to love in the moment, *while* accepting that this beautiful thing you've found will someday end. That is a real challenge.

Can you love something will all your heart, while knowing that someday it'll all fall away.

We do it every day. Our parents will some day die. Our friends. Our lovers. Ourselves.

We're all going to end. Yet, people find love and intimacy every day. They learn to be in the moment, not worry about what they know the future will eventually bring.

Celeste.Carol

I think some of the most precious and saddest things is when two people are close and grow old and one has to say goodbye to the other. In healthy relationships, the companionship is vital as an elderly. Think about that. Old and very alone, and very alone in death.

• Like 1

Then how do you explain my marriage? It is clearly working. I agree that the state of modern relationships is just wrecked but there are still some of us who do know how to have a happy relationship.

Have you just started reading Deepak Chopra?

The Law of Detachment....

"In detachment lies the wisdom of uncertainty . . . in the wisdom of uncertainty lies the freedom from our past, from the known, which is the prison of past conditioning. And in our willingness to step into the unknown, the field of all possibilities, we surrender ourselves to the creative mind that orchestrates the dance of the universe."

• Author
I find it deeply sad you feel that way.

You speak as one who's never really felt the joy of real intimacy before.

You can experience intimacy without attachment.

If you believe there is something beyond that, I've got some REALLY bad news for you, it's a lie. You're searching for something outside of you that doesn't exist.

This is another robotic response from an attached human: "there's something you're missing out on".

Attachment is blind.

Of course the retort will be that we can make relationships work, but only with a lot of hard work,

So is everything else hard work in life, getting an education, working, staying healthy, saving money, etc. Name me one thing in life that is easy and doesn't require hard work? Why would relationships be exempt of requiring hard work?

• Like 1
Committed relationships, sex, companionship, love and having children are no longer necessary in our modern society, its really that simple. Requiring these to survive is no longer relevant in modern day society and requiring them in order to be happy have become manmade concepts meant to keep us under control, attached and living in fear.

No longer required in modern society!? Well if you think that then there would be absolute chaos. It would be anarchy. You come up with a better system.

What you describe about committed relationships, sex, companionship, love and having children is society. We built it and with out it we would have a modern society.

Think about it. People like to be in a stable relationship to have a family, children. Sex, reproduction and human companionship is whats need for us to survive. to live. With out any of this we are less than human. We`d may as well be nothing but an animal.

You think about that for a second. In your life OP, you dont need a committed relationship, you dont need sex, you dont need companionship and LOVE in your life or children.

You, my friend are going to live a lonesome life till you`re 74 years old and have over 160 cats in your house.

• Author
Apparently you haven't met the right partner yet... because I just engaged to my 5+ year boyfriend, and we are both experiencing a very HIGH level of life! While still maintaining our independence and free-thinking/spirited natures.

So while you are entitled to your opinion (which I do respect by the way)... I rather resent your assertion that everyone, especially those of us who are in happy fulfilling relationships, should share your POV.

You're still looking for something outside of you that doesn't exist.

Every day is easy and delightful when you give up relationships. I bet you experience worries, fears and stresses dont you?

• Author
Can you love something will all your heart, while knowing that someday it'll all fall away.

We do it every day. Our parents will some day die. Our friends. Our lovers. Ourselves.

We're all going to end. Yet, people find love and intimacy every day. They learn to be in the moment, not worry about what they know the future will eventually bring.

If love were a real thing. Attachment kills it every time, 100% of the time.

You can experience intimacy without attachment.

If you believe there is something beyond that, I've got some REALLY bad news for you, it's a lie. You're searching for something outside of you that doesn't exist.

This is another robotic response from an attached human: "there's something you're missing out on".

Attachment is blind.

Now we're getting into Buddhism theories?

• Like 1