When do you charge a room mate's partner rent?

If you spend the night in the weekends (Fri, Sat, Sun) but technically only use their water (shower) once a week, don't eat anyone's food/drinks, should you pay rent?

Reason I ask is because I spend nights on weekends but if you think about it in really using up their resources once a week. I don't mind helping to bring food sometimes or toilet paper but Friday I work all day, go out at night, sleep in my bf's bed. Wake up morning to go to my second job and showers at my place...work all day then go out at night and sleep in bf's bed. Sunday I shower at their place and hang out there that day or we are out with friends.

The roommates need to have a guest policy to sort this out before it becomes an issue.

Personally when I spent time at a SO's & he had roommates, I would never show up empty handed. I would bring food or drinks for all as "payment" for being there. I'd also help with dishes etc so that the roommates would not view me negatively. I always ended up the opposite problem -- the roommates liked me; their GFs did not because I made those women who didn't do anything look bad.

Clarence_Boddicker

Rent no. Maybe something for the utilities & a bit of cleaning labor or food/supplies to offset your impact there.