Dating a single mom LDR... is she just using me?

falconmechanic

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for a month now. I'm military and currently stationed in the middle east, and she lives back in California. We started dating a couple months after she broke up with her ex-boyfriend, with whom she had broken up with and gotten back together with several times, and they also have a 6 month-old baby together. Normally, I wouldn't have even tried to get in a LDR with a girl like that over the internet, but I've known her for years since before I joined the military, and I always thought we had a chance at finding love together... the problem was back then she had a bad taste in men who treated her badly, thus I never thought I would be her type. Anyway, after randomly hitting her up and seeing how she was doing, we started flirting and before I knew it, it had escalated into a serious relationship. She told me all about how he treated her badly and how she has nothing, no job, no money and barely anywhere to stay because her parents keep kicking her out.. I couldn't help but feel bad and I hated the thought of her having to run back to her ex-boyfriend just because she had no one else. I told her how much I cared about her and that I would never treat her that way, and I told her that I would help her in any way that I could, even if it meant sending hundreds of dollars to her so she could get on her feet. At first, she told me she hated asking for money and couldn't accept it, but that made me insist even more that she take it... I thought that I had found my soulmate, and that sending her any money that I had couldn't possibly have any consequences. Well, after a while I started to realize the mistake I made... since I won't be home to see her for another 4 months, I've become extremely paranoid because now we barely talk anymore, and I don't know if she would be able to hold out for that long, or if she could potentially even be playing me. She hardly texts me back right away, and has disappeared for entire days at a time before replying that her phone had died or was lost. I don't have a phone so only I can call her, and the time difference has made it almost impossible for me to call her outside of a small time frame everyday... yet she knows this and still barely keeps in contact. I'm starting to believe that she has lost interest, but because I promised her money, she doesn't want to let me go yet. The lack of communication has irritated me to the point where I want to break it off, but I don't want to leave her if her love is genuine and I'm just acting crazy-boyfriend status. Not just that, but she moved away from where we used to live and I don't have anyone who can check up on her and prove that she's still into me, and not just using me. I'm honestly lost and stuck between thinking I'm just overthinking the lack of communication or that I've allowed myself to fall for a single mom who just needed someone to support her financially. What should I do?

So, you're gonna rescue her right?

Good luck with that...

BTW, Damsels in distress are always gonna be distressed damsels

I know being in the military can get lonely and a lot of people want an "anchor" (someone back home who wants/needs them), but please, take a look around you and see how many other military guys fall into the same trap and end up messing up their lives and/or careers with floozes who flock around military guys...usually referred to as "dependas"

http://40.media.tumblr.com/537b34ad00284aebbc008eb43df637dc/tumblr_ner9axlFtH1trrnkho1_500.jpg

Edited by Gloria25
Lois_Griffin

She never had an interest.

She just saw you as a means of support. Once she got the money, she conveniently became so much harder to contact.

Coincidence? Not on your life.

You're better off taking your money and throwing it into one of the caves of the country you're currently stationed in.