In times of stress...

Do you see yourself reaching out more to a SO in times of stress - like you just need them to wrap you in their arms and just tell you everything is gonna be ok?

I have had times that when stressed I need to be alone, but seems as of late I'm also having a strong need for just someone to be there for me through all of this and to comfort me...where I can recharge my batteries to go out and fight the good fight.

Do you see yourself reaching out more to a SO in times of stress - like you just need them to wrap you in their arms and just tell you everything is gonna be ok?

I have had times that when stressed I need to be alone, but seems as of late I'm also having a strong need for just someone to be there for me through all of this and to comfort me...where I can recharge my batteries to go out and fight the good fight.

If you don't reach out to the SO the relationship isn't worth much I would think

• Like 1

When im stressed my significant other is the last person i want to see. I have too much on my plate and i don't want to have to worry about somebody else (even though i do). I want to be able to hone in my energy.. alone and depend on my own resilience. Because i can. And honestly it makes me feel sexy to know my man can fckn Trust me. To say .. baby, i got this. relax. i'll be back. ...Trust me...

Edited by casey.lives
regine_phalange

It depends on the person I'm with.

I've had a couple of boyfriends who were really supportive and gave unconditional patience and love, never made me feel like less of a person because I had difficulties and were always happy with my silliest of joys. One of those two people also had a really soothing touch - I can't explain it, but it was really addicting.

And I've been with people who weren't that supportive, so I shared almost none of my stresses with them. And these were the relationships that passed and didn't touch a sensitive chord that much.

Eternal Sunshine

It really depends. In most of my relationships, guys acted like I am burdening them with my problems and not only they didn't provide any support, but they made me feel clingy that I even asked.

Nowdays, I just handle it all alone. Last thing I need is for a SO to add stress on the top of my other problems. If I found a man that I can genuinely rely on in bad times, I would probably marry him.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

its good to be able to talk to that special someone when you are stressed....i find it helpful i get to see another opinion i get to hear another voice than my own.....maybe see reason where i cant see it.....but talking.....is actually hard......admitting everything stressing you out probably harder......and it is really hard to open up and not feel selfish......i think when you have that special someone its easier to open up to share what you fear because that person understands you better than anyone else can...he knows or she knows what to say to help you deal with things...but then .....maybe everyone shoudl just rely on themselves to get over what troubles them in the first place and not put pressure on another to help......but to me....that sometimes feels pretty lonely.....even though i have faith.....and i love god heart and soul...i pray.....i still need ....people or a person to talk to who understands me intimately it is a boost when i am down......i should stop now........deb

• Like 2
We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.

Orson Welles

It really depends. In most of my relationships, guys acted like I am burdening them with my problems and not only they didn't provide any support, but they made me feel clingy that I even asked.

Nowdays, I just handle it all alone. Last thing I need is for a SO to add stress on the top of my other problems. If I found a man that I can genuinely rely on in bad times, I would probably marry him.

You can rely on me,and that's no joke. I have your back like a back pack.

• Like 1