Reaching the "I'm done" phase?

Have you ever reached the "I'm done" phase, where you don't even feel like discussing the situation with the other person? I'm referring not only to romantic relationships, but perhaps with friends, co-workers, siblings, etc. Perhaps before there were discussions (arguments) and nothing was ever really worked out, and as time passed neither party really cared much anymore. I think sometimes when people argue that can be good sign in a way that both people care, but when nobody even wants to argue anymore, I suppose it means that nobody wants to reconcile. Anyone been in this situation?

Yes! All the time. Sometimes, with anyone, it's just like talking to a wall. I'll sometimes go from kindly approaching the problem to passive aggressive to just straight-up 100% real - even if being real means being rude - to being sick of repeating myself. But other times something just iks me to the core for whatever reason and I just refuse to even bother.

I think it varies from person whether or not they want to reconcile because plenty of times I find myself telling a person outside of the situation "I really want to work things out" or "I hope this just goes away" because I really, truly do want things to work out but no longer have the energy to be the only one trying.

• Like 1
Ninjainpajamas

I think women especially waste a LOT of time, reaching that done phase.

Sure, one they're done they're done, but that can take weeks, months, years...seems to be no time limit on it.

For me, I'll express my needs, how I feel, and expect a certain level of respect and reciprocation...otherwise, I'm gone. No arguments needed.

As far as family, I limit the interaction with them and try to spend "quality" time, rather than be around someone that's going to burn me out and drive me insane.

I think people make life and relationships a lot more difficult than they really have to be.

• Like 1