How many guys on here live near Canada? Within a few hours of the border like myself? Since I live nearby, I tend to get a good mix of Canadian women in my search results through various online dating resources over the years. I've talked with many of the women from up north and I dont know why but they seem very much more polite, and open minded. And definitely dont have such high standards as what I see with American women.

And no, I'm not just looking for a way to slight American women. I am truly just the messenger, relaying what MY personal experiences have been. Thats why I am posting this, because I'd like to hear from other guys, and see if they have experienced the same.

What I've witnessed on a regular basis, is that women that tend to be more attractive from Canada talk with me, and have encouraged me at times to meet them. In American however, women with the same level of attractiveness are beyond my reach. Even American women that are less attractive than the Canadian women reject me on a regular basis.

I have learned that I have a drop my standards pretty far with American women to find an equal playing field, and get women to respond/interact with me.

Why is that?

This isnt a bashing thread as I said before. Just very curious.

Edited by Male

Why? I don't really know. My ex's parents were Canadian. My second wife is Canadian. I dated a lot of Canadian women when I was younger, plus my wife more recently. And I've dated a lot of American women. IMO, there is very little difference individually, but I do find - in general - fewer Canadian women are overweight, and there are a higher percentage who seem a little more open-minded.

autumnnight

I have noticed the same thing about the weight. And every Canadian woman I know is nice lol.

However, it has been my experience that every woman can be nice to a man who doesn't hate women.

• Like 6
  • Author
fewer Canadian women are overweight, and there are a higher percentage who seem a little more open-minded.

I cant speak for the general population, since I've only been to Canada a few times, but as far as seeing the women on dating sites, I'd have to agree that yes, many, many of the Canadian women seem to be in better shape.

• Like 1
Maleficent

Kinda sad you consider yourself 'lower standard'

Perhaps you correspond more to what Canadian women would consider Attractive compared to American women?

As for the weight thing, it's probably because our food isn't typically as greasy and huge in portion as in the US.

• Author
I have noticed the same thing about the weight. And every Canadian woman I know is nice lol.

However, it has been my experience that every woman can be nice to a man who doesn't hate women.

That would make sense for one problem though. I act the same way, and approach women the same no matter where they are from. Attractive Canadian women have enjoyed talking to me and interacting with me, whereas American women tend to give off that cold, dont approach me, attitude.

I can talk to a very attractive Canadian woman and she interacts with me like a regular person. Most American women with comparable looks and attractiveness dont give me the time of day.

toolforgrowth
That would make sense for one problem though. I act the same way, and approach women the same no matter where they are from. Attractive Canadian women have enjoyed talking to me and interacting with me, whereas American women tend to give off that cold, dont approach me, attitude.

I can talk to a very attractive Canadian woman and she interacts with me like a regular person. Most American women with comparable looks and attractiveness dont give me the time of day.

Well, they are two different cultures. Canada most certainly is not America Lite.

American society is one of entitlement and judgment. We are constantly judging others based on any number of useless, ridiculous, materialistic factors. Our celebrity culture plays a large role in that. I also think that feminism is more radical here. I have nothing against equal rights, equal pay, etc. But my rights as a parent shouldn't be diminished simply because I'm the father, nor should I be expected to shoulder a higher burden of social costs.

I think a lot of women in America want the freedoms of "equal rights" without any of the responsibilities. They want to be treated as equals yet still expect you to pay. They want to make their own money yet still want half of yours when you divorce. The double standards there are absurd.

The point is that that behavior all points to entitlement. Maybe Canadian women are different. It wouldn't surprise me because they do come from a different culture.

• Like 2
Michelle ma Belle
How many guys on here live near Canada? Within a few hours of the border like myself? Since I live nearby, I tend to get a good mix of Canadian women in my search results through various online dating resources over the years. I've talked with many of the women from up north and I dont know why but they seem very much more polite, and open minded. And definitely dont have such high standards as what I see with American women.

And no, I'm not just looking for a way to slight American women. I am truly just the messenger, relaying what MY personal experiences have been. Thats why I am posting this, because I'd like to hear from other guys, and see if they have experienced the same.

What I've witnessed on a regular basis, is that women that tend to be more attractive from Canada talk with me, and have encouraged me at times to meet them. In American however, women with the same level of attractiveness are beyond my reach. Even American women that are less attractive than the Canadian women reject me on a regular basis.

I have learned that I have a drop my standards pretty far with American women to find an equal playing field, and get women to respond/interact with me.

Why is that?

Ahem...speaking as a Canadian woman I take offense to this comment :p

It's not that we have lower standards necessarily but rather more realistic ones perhaps.

Food for thought ;)

• Like 7
  • Author
Well, they are two different cultures. Canada most certainly is not America Lite.

American society is one of entitlement and judgment. We are constantly judging others based on any number of useless, ridiculous, materialistic factors. Our celebrity culture plays a large role in that. I also think that feminism is more radical here. I have nothing against equal rights, equal pay, etc. But my rights as a parent shouldn't be diminished simply because I'm the father, nor should I be expected to shoulder a higher burden of social costs.

I think a lot of women in America want the freedoms of "equal rights" without any of the responsibilities. They want to be treated as equals yet still expect you to pay. They want to make their own money yet still want half of yours when you divorce. The double standards there are absurd.

The point is that that behavior all points to entitlement. Maybe Canadian women are different. It wouldn't surprise me because they do come from a different culture.

Agreed 100% I dont even think theres anything I can add to that.

Ahem...speaking as a Canadian woman I take offense to this comment :p

It's not that we have lower standards necessarily but rather more realistic ones perhaps.

Food for thought ;)

Correct! Its not that you have lower standrds, its the fact that you dont prejudge on looks alone. It seems like you give guys a chance to prove their worth. Whereas most American women instantly judge a guy visually first. Maybe American women are stuck looking for a certain physical look, while Canadian women are hooked on looking for a certain type of personality, and the looks come second.

AlwaysGrowing

In my travels to the US, I have always found Americans to be just as nice as Canadians....barring the a holes that reside in each nation.

Not sure if I generally get a different side to the Americans because of how I approach/interact with them...or not.

Canadians have been given the too polite tag line. Not sure if it is too polite or we just have a culture that fosters respect more.

Personally, some of the documentaries that I have watched regarding social policies certainly address the issues of treating every citizen respectfully. That is why our education system does not base funding on where one lives, all children get the same standard of service regardless of economic background.

I recall during Katrina...the city close to where I live housed a few Americans who were without homes. One gentleman was on our news in the the male homeless shelter....sitting in a leather lazy boy...crowing...if this is how the homeless live in Canada, I can get used to the cold.

Generally Canada did not subscribe to the melting pot philosophy, ours is more a tapestry idea.

I have a Canadian friend on Facebook, she's really nice and cute too.

I've talked to some on the phone for work related purposes and yeah, they're really friendly and have funny different accents. Lol

Why is that?

American women do not need or want green cards.

AlwaysGrowing
American women do not need or want green cards.

Canadians don't hook up with Americans for green cards anymore than an American hooks up with a Canadian for free health care.

Both of our Nations enjoy fairly easy access to each other's Country.

• Like 1

Just a reminder...Canada produced Alanis Morissette, Krazy to say the least, Ok? BTW, can someone hand her the Glamour annual swimsuit issue? I mean, Glamour gives great advice on swimsuits for ALL body types.

Maybe Canadian women are in great shape because they are in training for military service when the next invasion of America is to take place? :confused: (remember Canadian Bacon...?)

Look, while I was born in the U.S. and that's how I'm an American - seeing other cultures and stuff and living overseas I think American women are so f-d up in the head that I couldn't date one.

I think American women have too many freedoms. They should be put in arranged marriages by age 14 or something...

Lernaean_Hydra

I think American women have too many freedoms. They should be put in arranged marriages by age 14 or something...

I....What??

Arranged marriages? Are you sure? I doubt many would agree to this. Nor should they.

I know a lovely Canadian girl.

But girls are all different no matter where they come from.

There are no rules......Surely?

• Like 1
Ninjainpajamas

Well American women CAN be entitled and have much higher expectations than what is realistic for themselves.

If a woman is a 6 on the scale of 1-10 in looks, but;

- has a decent/good job

- has a career

- dresses fairly well

- isn't entirely "normal" weight, and doesn't really have a great body but 20, 30, 40 pounds overweight

- thinks she has a great personality and is generally "amazing"

Then she will look for or even feel entitled to;

- A guy who has a career, not a job

- very handsome, tall and athletic body type or whatever she prefers specifically (over 5'11 or 6'0), 8 on the looks scale at least unless he has more financial security

- has a home or owns something of his own

- has a nice car

- treats her well, wine and dine sort of thing, no chain restaurants because she's too good for that, and expects a very thoughtful gift every holiday

- loyal and respectful of course (in theory), committed to them (usually crap)

- charming, charismatic, intelligent

- good in bed, sexual, physical, emotional chemistry

Essentially she will look for the "whole package", because in her mind she deserves it. Why? no particular reason. It's never a question of what she does or doesn't have, and with feminism in the US...it's basically more expectations for men (and men are becoming like fat depressed lazy pussified dudes who can't meet the standard so just give up on trying anyway), less expectations for women and they shouldn't be judged for anything like how much they weigh, how they look otherwise (as long as they go to the hair salon, have make-up on, and paint their nails) and if they've slept around with half of the state. You should still feel "lucky" as a man, to be in her presence and treat her well.

But I don't know enough about Canadian women, I've met Canadian women here and there but I don't remember if I ever dated one to be honest. I think they've been generally nice and kind from what I do remember, and of course not overweight...but let's not talk about weight in the US, that's just depressing, people are more infatuated with eating in general.

I would imagine closer similarities culturally from Canadian women as well as women from the UK, but I think American women can take after too many celebrities and think they're the Karsdashians or something special, they have this "I'm special" kind of vibe, that I haven't really gotten from European women...they don't have that chin up, chip on their shoulder, they could essentially be gorgeous and act quite...human, it's a huge contrast from the women in Los Angeles, where a normal weighted woman, with a mildly attractive face can act like a Victoria secrets model, but I also blame the men for that as American men pursue all kinds of women without any self-respect (I've seen too many guys pathetically pursue and essentially barter themselves into a woman's pants) they just make a b-line for the woman and don't ever care if they have to shower her with the American woman's expectations, they actually try to meet and exceed it...just to get laid, it's a lot of work and honestly a lot of guys can't figure out the "game" with women in the US, which makes a lot of them not even try or just stick to a woman that they finally do get, that's half decent looking.

I feel like I can date a woman from anywhere around the world however, and I've dated American women of course. But I've also dated or seemed to gravitate towards women of different and atypical backgrounds, I like the "world smarts" of someone who has traveled and is more grounded and aware, rather than someone who's lived in a bubble their whole lives...but I also look for the important qualities to me, like women who are genuine and have a good nature/quality about them, have a higher standard of not materialistic or superficial qualities but like actual real relationship relevant qualities, I guess a higher human standard and expectation within themselves, not social economical or academia focus and therefore believes she's just great, because she's accomplished this or that, and therefore she deserves the best guy in the world for it.

I stay clear of certain types of American women and don't feel badly about rejecting those types and definitely have burned a few women for their attitudes of entitlement. When a woman approaches or pursues me, because she feels she is the total package and she deserves me therefore she's like giving me the opportunity to date her because I met her standards or what not, it's like the biggest turn-off ever...just because she might consider me tall, handsome, charming, intelligent and whatever else, like If I'm being that just for her validation or acceptance, what a joke...it's an insult and I've been living in Los Angeles most of my life, so I understand the system, expectations, attitudes and women quite well.

Luckily you can date whomever you wish, in the US or anywhere else in the world...it doesn't mean I find women from somewhere else special and have a whole different mindset because she is "foreign" to me, there's certain things/qualities I miss about American women at times, but as a whole I've always liked a pretty grounded woman with a good heart, and women are women at the end of the day...despite those cultural and superficial expectations that can mold a lot of what that woman wants or expects, or even greatly affect how she behaves herself or treats you in the relationship.

• Like 2
truncated

I'm Canadian, and part of our cultural norm is to be very polite and seemingly passive, that is until we are pushed too far, then watch out..we'll kick your @ss up and down the street :D

We do tend to be very open minded about lifestyle choices, and there is less systemic racism ( not saying it doesn't exist, but there's less of it) , and less violent and aggressive. Some of this very much depends upon what part of the country the person is from, as someone form newfoundland may be very different from someone who lives in BC, Ontario or Alberta ( Alberta tends to be more right wing, while BC is more left wing , Ontario more centralist and the east coast a mix of right wing and left)

In some ways, comparing Canadian women to American women is like comparing the quiet introverted nerd with the loud, outgoing jock. Both ahve very good points, but are different and depending on what you are looking for and your own personality type, you may find either to be better suited to your personal tastes.

Mind you, each woman is different, no matter where she may be from.

Edited by truncated
  • Like 3
  • Author
Well American women CAN be entitled and have much higher expectations than what is realistic for themselves.

If a woman is a 6 on the scale of 1-10 in looks, but;

- has a decent/good job

- has a career

- dresses fairly well

- isn't entirely "normal" weight, and doesn't really have a great body but 20, 30, 40 pounds overweight

- thinks she has a great personality and is generally "amazing"

Then she will look for or even feel entitled to;

- A guy who has a career, not a job

- very handsome, tall and athletic body type or whatever she prefers specifically (over 5'11 or 6'0), 8 on the looks scale at least unless he has more financial security

- has a home or owns something of his own

- has a nice car

- treats her well, wine and dine sort of thing, no chain restaurants because she's too good for that, and expects a very thoughtful gift every holiday

- loyal and respectful of course (in theory), committed to them (usually crap)

- charming, charismatic, intelligent

- good in bed, sexual, physical, emotional chemistry

Essentially she will look for the "whole package", because in her mind she deserves it. Why? no particular reason. It's never a question of what she does or doesn't have, and with feminism in the US...it's basically more expectations for men (and men are becoming like fat depressed lazy pussified dudes who can't meet the standard so just give up on trying anyway), less expectations for women and they shouldn't be judged for anything like how much they weigh, how they look otherwise (as long as they go to the hair salon, have make-up on, and paint their nails) and if they've slept around with half of the state. You should still feel "lucky" as a man, to be in her presence and treat her well.

But I don't know enough about Canadian women, I've met Canadian women here and there but I don't remember if I ever dated one to be honest. I think they've been generally nice and kind from what I do remember, and of course not overweight...but let's not talk about weight in the US, that's just depressing, people are more infatuated with eating in general.

I would imagine closer similarities culturally from Canadian women as well as women from the UK, but I think American women can take after too many celebrities and think they're the Karsdashians or something special, they have this "I'm special" kind of vibe, that I haven't really gotten from European women...they don't have that chin up, chip on their shoulder, they could essentially be gorgeous and act quite...human, it's a huge contrast from the women in Los Angeles, where a normal weighted woman, with a mildly attractive face can act like a Victoria secrets model, but I also blame the men for that as American men pursue all kinds of women without any self-respect (I've seen too many guys pathetically pursue and essentially barter themselves into a woman's pants) they just make a b-line for the woman and don't ever care if they have to shower her with the American woman's expectations, they actually try to meet and exceed it...just to get laid, it's a lot of work and honestly a lot of guys can't figure out the "game" with women in the US, which makes a lot of them not even try or just stick to a woman that they finally do get, that's half decent looking.

I feel like I can date a woman from anywhere around the world however, and I've dated American women of course. But I've also dated or seemed to gravitate towards women of different and atypical backgrounds, I like the "world smarts" of someone who has traveled and is more grounded and aware, rather than someone who's lived in a bubble their whole lives...but I also look for the important qualities to me, like women who are genuine and have a good nature/quality about them, have a higher standard of not materialistic or superficial qualities but like actual real relationship relevant qualities, I guess a higher human standard and expectation within themselves, not social economical or academia focus and therefore believes she's just great, because she's accomplished this or that, and therefore she deserves the best guy in the world for it.

I stay clear of certain types of American women and don't feel badly about rejecting those types and definitely have burned a few women for their attitudes of entitlement. When a woman approaches or pursues me, because she feels she is the total package and she deserves me therefore she's like giving me the opportunity to date her because I met her standards or what not, it's like the biggest turn-off ever...just because she might consider me tall, handsome, charming, intelligent and whatever else, like If I'm being that just for her validation or acceptance, what a joke...it's an insult and I've been living in Los Angeles most of my life, so I understand the system, expectations, attitudes and women quite well.

Luckily you can date whomever you wish, in the US or anywhere else in the world...it doesn't mean I find women from somewhere else special and have a whole different mindset because she is "foreign" to me, there's certain things/qualities I miss about American women at times, but as a whole I've always liked a pretty grounded woman with a good heart, and women are women at the end of the day...despite those cultural and superficial expectations that can mold a lot of what that woman wants or expects, or even greatly affect how she behaves herself or treats you in the relationship.

Couldnt have said it better myself. Amazingly detailed explanation of exactly how I see it. I dont particulary like to use a number scale to rate women, but for arguments sake, it makes it easier to explain all of this. Just like Ninja said...an American woman that is a 6 thinks shes a 9, and blows off guys that are 9's or lower because she has this entitled Disney movie, romance novel, mindset that has been burned into her brain since she was 8, telling her that she is a princess and that she deserves a prince. (By the way, how many profiles do you see of women stating "Looking for my prince") Whereas the Canadian women I have interacted with have been solid 8's or higher, but they dont act like it. They dont have that stuck up "I'm hot, dont talk to me" attitude like so many American women do. I get the feeling that the Canadian women(near the Great Lakes where I reside) seem to base their choice of men on substance rather than looks first.

How can a geographic area of women surrounding the Candian side of the great Lakes see me as a possible good catch while the geographic area of women surrounding the American side of the Great Lakes pretty much ignore me, and think I'm not good enough to date??? It really is that black and white in my experiences.

American women > Ewww he's under 6ft, bald(I shave my head), he has no college degree, why doesnt he have kids he must be weird, why he been single so long whats wrong with him??

Canadian women > He's attractive, he grooms himself good, he holds a good job, owns a home, has no baggage, no kids? (More time for me), He's been single awhile but maybe he has respect for himself and doesnt jump into a relationship with just anyone.

That in a nutshell is the basic gist of how women from the two different countries have responded to me.

Edited by Male
Michelle ma Belle

I live near the US border and have dated American men as a result. In fact, my current partner of more than 2 years IS American...the quintessential southern gentleman in fact.

Even after all this time together he continually "teases" me about being Canadian and how different I am compared to other women he's dated and/or known, in a very good way of course. I think being older than him is also a factor but we both agree that there is something there that makes us a gamble worth taking.

(but again, this is a dramatic generalization and there are always exceptions on either side of the border)

:)

Rejected Rosebud

I think American women are so f-d up in the head that I couldn't date one.

Wow, speak for yourself!! :mad: I do agree that Canadiens are in general more polite than we are though and not just the ladies!! :p