The risk of her dating someone else is not enough motivation

Sunspot1995

Often times when guys are hesitant about asking out women they like the advice they get is they better hurry up and ask her out before some other guy does.

Unfortunately the risk of other guys asking her out is not enough to motivate all shy guys to break out of their shell. If it was an effective motivation it would work on all shy men because they all know that they risk missing out on opportunity if they don't make a move. I don't need anyone to remind me that I am up against the clock and that the longer I wait the better chance some other guy will get to her.

Okay so tell me something I don't know. If it was an effective incentive then I would have asked her out a long time ago. It is not a strong incentive for me to make a move. I'm okay with the risk that some other guy will get her. It will not come as a surprise if that happens. You will have to find some other way to talk me into asking her out.

Unfortunately the risk of other guys asking her out is not enough to motivate all shy guys to break out of their shell.

The other guy is gonna do more than just "ask her out"...

He's gonna "seal the deal" if you know what I mean ;)

See, "making a move" is more than asking a woman out...the guy who gets between her legs first is the one who "claims" her.

So, stand by the sidelines all day while the bolder guys "ask her out";)

• Author
Sunspot1995
The other guy is gonna do more than just "ask her out"...

He's gonna "seal the deal" if you know what I mean ;)

See, "making a move" is more than asking a woman out...the guy who gets between her legs first is the one who "claims" her.

So, stand by the sidelines all day while the bolder guys "ask her out";)

That's still not a strong enough incentive to push me into asking her out. That's like pointing a gun to my head and giving me a choice between my money or my life. I'm still not going to hand over the money. I would have asked her out a long time ago if it was an effective motivation.

The guy who gets between her legs risks getting her pregnant and paying child support. There's no guarantee that their relationship is going to last. He may be stuck paying child support while I have more money in my savings account. Financial freedom is really the only true freedom that matters.

• Author
Sunspot1995

Also some women will play games to try to make the guy they really like jealous in the hopes that will give him the push to make a move. I have encountered women like that before and I can see right through their games. Not all men are as predictable as women think. It is my job to constantly be unpredictable and prove women wrong. Whatever response she is predicting from me I'm going to respond the opposite way on purpose.

Also some women will play games to try to make the guy they really like jealous in the hopes that will give him the push to make a move. I have encountered women like that before and I can see right through their games. Not all men are as predictable as women think. It is my job to constantly be unpredictable and prove women wrong. Whatever response she is predicting from me I'm going to respond the opposite way on purpose.

I don't play games...

With my recent crush, I may have hid my vehicle in my garage once or twice to see if he'd react - but I didn't do it with the intention to "push" him to do anything.

See, with all the "hide and go seek" he does with me, I just have to know that it's not all in my head. If I do a "test" it isn't to manipulate him - its to see if "something" is there.

I really am trying to meet other guys...And yes, I actually/recently found my latest neighbor attractive. I'm not doing any of it in hopes to push my crush do to a thing. I'm doing it for myself. Cuz, I'd be a fool to continue to deny myself the ability to meet someone while he's living his life and hasn't stopped living his life for me. I mean, when I first started chatting him up a year ago, I actually connected with a guy I met on OLD, exchanged tels, etc...but, I gave it up in hopes something would materialize with my recent crush...You can trust me that I won't let that happen this time around.

If you ask me, I'd believe he is the one who likes to play games to get my interest - like driving where I drive...things like that.

So, while my crush may have had other chicks play games and all that with him in order to manipulate him, provoke a certain response and/or cuz they were/are immature twits who thrive on reality TV, "Teen Moms" and all that drama/jazz - that's not the case with me. If I'm talking to other men, it's cuz I'm working on moving on thank you.

• Author
Sunspot1995

I didn't say you were playing games. I said some women play the jealousy game. It isnt just an isolated incident that do this. If it was just an isolated incident then there wouldn't be articles in cosmopolitan and on the Internet giving tips on how to make the guy she likes jealous. I've also read up on "the Rules" for women and reading up on other games that these dating coaches are prescribing for women. So I'm ready for battle and armed and know when a woman is throwing a test my way.

I didn't say you were playing games. I said some women play the jealousy game. It isnt just an isolated incident that do this. If it was just an isolated incident then there wouldn't be articles in cosmopolitan and on the Internet giving tips on how to make the guy she likes jealous. I've also read up on "the Rules" for women and reading up on other games that these dating coaches are prescribing for women. So I'm ready for battle and armed and know when a woman is throwing a test my way.

Well, I've been doing quite the contrary - which is to try to hide me speaking to other guys in fear that my recent crush would see it and loose interest and/or think I'm playing games.

At this point, I don't care anymore if he sees me bring home someone, chat with the neighbor and/or me stay out all nite.

Cuz, like I said, he's living his life and hasn't stopped for me. It's been a year of "nothing" but endless stares. I'm not gonna loose out on the opportunity to meet someone on a "hope, wish, prayer" my recent crush will dare even ask me to have a coffee with him.

So, again, no games here...quite the contrary - which is me hiding any attempts to meet new guys to keep my crush in the dark.

I hate even posting about it now cuz if he indeed visits here all I need him to think is "oh, so she's posting this at 2AM in hopes to manipulate me"...and he is wrong, I am posting it to let him know that while he has a place in my mind (I can't use the term "heart"), he can't realistically expect me to stop living when we have non-RL going on and he's living his life w/o me even being a thing on his list of things to do.

If he sees me with a guy and gets jealous and/or thinks I"m doing it for him to see, he needs to get a clue.

elaine567

Seems you have armed yourself for a battle that is going to end in defeat here.

If you do not want to ask her out then just don't.

If you don't care if she gets snapped up by someone else or she is with someone else, or she has a relationship with someone else then why is she on your radar at all?

We can all sit and fantasise about being with someone and never risk anything. However at some point if a man truly wants a woman he has to put some cards on the table, even with the fear of rejection and even with all the game playing that may follow.

"Not playing games" is also playing a game actually.

• Like 2
Okay so tell me something I don't know. If it was an effective incentive then I would have asked her out a long time ago. It is not a strong incentive for me to make a move. I'm okay with the risk that some other guy will get her. It will not come as a surprise if that happens. You will have to find some other way to talk me into asking her out.

I don't get it. Why should anybody be invested in talking you into asking her out? It's your life, your time, your feelings. If you are not able to motivate yourself to ask out a woman you like, it doesn't become somebody else's job to make you do it.

Dude, I'm with elaine567. If you don't wanna ask a woman out, then take ownership of that and don't ask her out. If you wanna ask a woman out, take ownership of your desire and ask her out.

• Like 2