In general, are divorced moms 34-40 interested in childless men for LTRs??

I've read that childless guys should stay away from divorced moms for the same old tired reasons (which don't need to be re-hashed on this thread).

But I've never heard the other side: are divorced moms in 30s & 40s open to LTR dating childless men?

Clarification: Neither would want more children.

Edited by Col1

Childless men would most likely not "get" me being a parent. How those kids are my priority. That said, my ex actually didn't have any kids of his own. We didn't have any problems in that area at all. It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

toolforgrowth
I've read that childless guys should stay away from divorced moms for the same old tired reasons (which don't need to be re-hashed on this thread).

But I've never heard the other side: are divorced moms in 30s & 40s open to LTR dating childless men?

After my divorce, I dated quite a few childless women in that age bracket. None of them ever cared.

Just an FYI, my xWW had a child from a prior marriage when I had none. It did not end well. There's no need to go into the reasons you mentioned above, but they exist for a reason.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

I am a divorced father inthat age range but I'll toss out this snarky comment:

No. No they won't because they don't need another child. Especially one that big.

Couldn't resist. I stopped dating childless women that age because they couldn't get the whole parenting thing. Some tried but they really couldn't get it down deep.

• Like 1
still_an_Angel

Sure, but a lot depends on how the childless man reacts to my kids. There are some who can tolerate kids, and others who are natural with children. And then there are those who cannot even begin to understand the magic of children and would run the opposite way.

• Like 2

Yes I am as long as they don't hate kids, as I have a couple of teenagers.

This whole topic has always made me chuckle, because women are CONSTANTLY telling me not to lump them all into one group. They are constantly telling me that I shouldnt judge them all the same...

Yet single moms instantly lump all the childless men into a group, judging and labeling them as worthless when it comes to dealing with kids.

I'm a 40ish single guy with no kids. Single moms instantly label me all the time, as being "unqualified" without even getting to know me.

I find it funny that any other guy that got a woman pregnant, no matter what the circumstances, is automatically more qualified than myself, in the eyes of the single mom :laugh:

There are literally millions of dead beat dads out there, but hey, he got someone pregnant, so I better step aside, because as a person, I could never be any better than him. Getting a woman pregnant must instantly catapult you into the upper echelon of responsibility, manhood, and personality.

• Like 3
This whole topic has always made me chuckle, because women are CONSTANTLY telling me not to lump them all into one group. They are constantly telling me that I shouldnt judge them all the same...

Yet single moms instantly lump all the childless men into a group, judging and labeling them as worthless when it comes to dealing with kids.

I'm a 40ish single guy with no kids. Single moms instantly label me all the time, as being "unqualified" without even getting to know me.

I find it funny that any other guy that got a woman pregnant, no matter what the circumstances, is automatically more qualified than myself, in the eyes of the single mom :laugh:

There are literally millions of dead beat dads out there, but hey, he got someone pregnant, so I better step aside, because as a person, I could never be any better than him. Getting a woman pregnant must instantly catapult you into the upper echelon of responsibility, manhood, and personality.

I agree with ^^^^. In fact some dads are pretty much sperm donors. Ditched all responsibility etc etc.

When I read your thread starter, I thought ofcourse I'd date a childless man! Especially if he wasn't interested in more children (if I didn't want more too).

I was a single mum of a DD 7yo when I met my present H. He was childless but we both wanted more children. So that was great. My previous LTR was with a man with 2 DSs and I love kids, so that was all ok too. The break up was nothing to do with the kids. Just a very strange man who didn't mind if I had another baby - as long as it was a girl. Hmmm. Luckily I broke up with him because my next pregnancy was with twin boys!

It's more the character of a person I'm interested in that matters most. Maturity, responsible nature and financially independent of me are good qualities. Fidelity and having similar goals is very important to me too.

I didn't know there was a debate raging on the topic! Lol.

Quiet Lion Heart returning to her cave.

Edited by Lion Heart
  • Like 2
loveweary11

An interesting topic, since I'm one of these guys.

I'd say don't date me unless your kids are teenagers an you can get some time to yourself.

I definitely wouldn't be too thrilled with the never ending responsibility of young kids. Teenagers who are just younger people, rather than kids... no problem.

So there is definitely some reality to the posts here.

Lokin4AReason

I don't have any children ( unless you count pets ) and I don't mind if my other has any ..

seems like a fact in this day and age many people out there have children. and its really hard to find someone that doesn't have any from a previous relationship ( from what I have noticed ) ...

I mean everyone I know in my circle of friend(s) has a child or children in a relationship already or in a marriage ...

Why would a guy who never wants children date a woman who already had them? I'd be very wary.

• Like 1
Tread Carefully

I feel the same way Popcicle does. I'm interested in dating men like that because my kids are older and I don't want to have anymore. I'm not looking for a father for them, they don't need one. I'm looking for a partner that makes me as happy as I make him. If that happens, my kids will like him. If he hurts me, they'll probably f*vk him up. LOL Just kidding...... maybe ;)

PegNosePete
I definitely wouldn't be too thrilled with the never ending responsibility of young kids. Teenagers who are just younger people, rather than kids... no problem.

Agreed, as long as there is a well established, amicable schedule for contact with the father. Who wants to walk into a huge drama-fest?