Confidence

down hearted

I do honestly believe that just because you go through a bad relationship or experience that does not mean everyone else will be the same. Is trial and error i guess, i genuinely feel is unfair to judge someone you don't know or have yet to meet based on your bad unpleasant experience with a past love. Do you feel the same? I just don't think its fair to judge someone based on what you went through without even meeting them.

For instance, my ex was a total jerk blah blah, he put me through hell and back, yet i still believe in love, i still believe there are genuine good men out there who will love and respect you, who will look at no one else but you because to them your amazing etc. I feel is unfair to judge all by one's mess up, do you agree?

How can one person go through so much chaos, pain and suffering and still be so positive and still believe in love like myself, How can i still be so optimistic, im i wrong for this?

I see a lot of times so much judgement on all on either sex just because of one person screwing things up. There are great people out there maybe you just have to go through the heartaches to experience it, this does not mean not to be cautious or aware, but just means not all are the same.

i think im just too positive towards life right now lol i can't help it.. do you judge another by your past experiences?

I wouldn't want to pay for another person's transgressions. It would be a sad world if everyone planned to make future contacts pay for the mistakes of people in your past.

• Like 1
StalwartMind

You are correct and I share the same attitude. This also isn't just limited to people and relationship, but can and should be used too in context of hobbies and possible new interests.

Some people are just a lot more pessimistic than others. They let potential future experiences be ruined because of bad ones from the past. It just seems illogical to give up on something or someone so easily when you'll never meet every single human who inhabit this planet. I do consider myself to be a pleasant person, but in no way does that also make me be complacent and think that I can't be better. Life is a long process about constantly improving yourself and I always feel happy and positive when I see myself develop into an overall better direction. Sometimes it can be surprising where you can find inspiration or someone that makes you see things in a different light or perhaps just makes you move along a new path. Basically you just never know when your life can take a turn and get much better, like meeting someone who will show you mutual respect, love and so forth. Judge others as you want to be judged, being/trying to be positive even when going through a lesser great period of your life is something i can encourage.

• Like 1

You're right. What you do with what you learned from a past relationship is you look in hindsight and see what the red flags were that you ignored and you stop ignoring them and pick someone who doesn't have those red flags.

• Like 2
  • Author
down hearted

it's amazing how bad experiences can impact your life in such a way that it simply opens your eyes and truly makes you grow and change as a whole. Through all the pain and hurt i went through it simply has made me grow much more and i accept and realize that it does get better. Don't get me wrong i was a mess in the beginning but it does get better. Though the heartbreak destroyed me deeply, it brought a long great new opportunities for me, and it made me focus on other aspects of life and made me work harder and grow towards what i want out of life in a positive way. Therefore, i do genuinely believe that we take what we can and learn from it as some of you mentioned. Don't get me wrong i still wish i had the opportunity to say a thing or two to my ex, but it made me also realize don't waste your time on those who simply don't respect and value you because there will be others out there who i am sure will be willing to value you and treat you as you deserve.

Breakups and Heartaches make you grow and learn, and its a long journey still for me but i am starting to accept it and learning every day from it.

• Like 1