Should I worry about this?

Mondmellonw

So, I have a boyfriend.

The first days of our relationship he used to comment my pictures in facebook and stuff like that.

Now he doesn't even "likes" them, but he does like others girls pictures every now and then. Not normal pictures, you know... Pictures in wich they look sexy and pose and everything.

I tought it was odd, so I just asked why he did such a thing... He said that it didn't mean anything, and that if I didn't liked it, he would stop doing it.

So he stopped.

For a while, cause he did it again.

Hmmm. What should I do?

Is this just a minor stupid thing, or is he being passive agressive and disrespectful?

I guess I'm a little paranoid since there was a time in my life (I was 15) that a guy who at first was very interested, then left me for someone else. And he started with stuff like this.

I'm just asking for honest opinions about this.

I think that real life things are more serious, than this stupid facebook ****, however, his behavior changed on that area.

Is this something that I think should affect a relationship? NO.

Is this something I need to clear out? I guess, yes, it is, and I honestly don't understand him, why he said a thing and did another.

Thanks.

Sound like he wants to make you jealous. It`s disrespectful. Start liking pictures of sexy guys see if he likes it.

• Author
Mondmellonw
Sound like he wants to make you jealous. It`s disrespectful. Start liking pictures of sexy guys see if he likes it.

I see the point. I tought about doing it... But, wouldn't that be a little immature?

You know, IMO, in a RL people should take the time to compliment each other and shoe appreciation....

Like a sweet kiss to greet them when they walk through the door...or they're shaving in the morning and you lean over and tell them how handsome they are...get my drift?

Now, IMO, "likes" on social media cannot replace what compliments are given in person, it still holds some meaning and/or weight...

So, if he's stopping his compliments towards you...and, even going so far as to compliment other women, IMO, you two got problems.

• Like 1
I see the point. I tought about doing it... But, wouldn't that be a little immature?

Yes it is and it was bad advice. But is he not being? I think he is tryin to get a reaction. But why.

• Like 1
  • Author
Mondmellonw
Now, IMO, "likes" on social media cannot replace what compliments are given in person, it still holds some meaning and/or weight...

So, if he's stopping his compliments towards you...and, even going so far as to compliment other women, IMO, you two got problems.

I asked him if he likes someoe else, and he said no.

Hmmm. But I also think that a "like2 still has a meaning behind it, specially if he isn't the type of guy to like everything he sees on his newsfeed.

However, he said that real life compliments are more important than facebook liking some picture.

I still don't like it, and I still don't understand why he did something like that if he said he would stop.

But I dunno what to do. :/

I asked him if he likes someoe else, and he said no.

Hmmm. But I also think that a "like2 still has a meaning behind it, specially if he isn't the type of guy to like everything he sees on his newsfeed.

However, he said that real life compliments are more important than facebook liking some picture.

I still don't like it, and I still don't understand why he did something like that if he said he would stop.

But I dunno what to do. :/

Well, if it's nothing, then why don't he simply stop doing it?

If you don't know what to do here, no one can tell you what to do...but, dating, IMO, is to take time to get to know someone and figure out if they're a match (unless you are just looking for companionship). So, if you are finding stuff about him that you're not cool with, you gotta make a decision if you wanna stick around for it.

Also, in dating, we can't "mold" someone into what we want them to be...So, if he's exhibiting behaviors that you are not cool with, again, time to make a decision.

• Like 1
  • Author
Mondmellonw
Well, if it's nothing, then why don't he simply stop doing it?

If you don't know what to do here, no one can tell you what to do...but, dating, IMO, is to take time to get to know someone and figure out if they're a match (unless you are just looking for companionship). So, if you are finding stuff about him that you're not cool with, you gotta make a decision if you wanna stick around for it.

Also, in dating, we can't "mold" someone into what we want them to be...So, if he's exhibiting behaviors that you are not cool with, again, time to make a decision.

You're right. I have to... Thank you!

• Like 1
blackcat777

I'd investigate the maturity level of a guy who uses social media to passive-aggressively elicit responses from me.

• Like 2
  • Author
Mondmellonw
I'd investigate the maturity level of a guy who uses social media to passive-aggressively elicit responses from me.

Or maybe mine for worrying about something like this? :/

I mean, for worrying about someone who tries to get a reaction by such a stupid thing as social media.

Or maybe mine for worrying about something like this? :/

I mean, for worrying about someone who tries to get a reaction by such a stupid thing as social media.

Thing is, while social media cannot replace actual compliments made to women in real life - at the same time it is akin to making compliments to a woman he sees walking down the street.

• Like 1
  • Author
Mondmellonw
Thing is, while social media cannot replace actual compliments made to women in real life - at the same time it is akin to making compliments to a woman he sees walking down the street.

Yes, to me it is kind of similar.