This is why marriage seems pointless to me

There is a coworker who is married that seems to be so concerned with how much time i spend in another woman's office. And when she walks past the office she will make a comment trying to see we are together in a joking way. Then I spoke to her last week and she was like......"Oh my you spoke today must be my lucky day"

So why is this married woman so excited that I spoke to her and so caught in how much time I spend in another woman's other? is it that she wants me to come in her office?

Is a married woman supposed to be acting like that?

Sounds to me more like it's less about her being interested in you and more about how she isn't included in office discussions. Some people get offended when they are excluded. What makes you think this is related to her own marriage? You think she's jealous of the time you spend talking to the other co-worker? Maybe it's because she feels left out... office politics kind of stuff.

• Like 4
  • Author
Sounds to me more like it's less about her being interested in you and more about how she isn't included in office discussions. Some people get offended when they are excluded. What makes you think this is related to her own marriage? You think she's jealous of the time you spend talking to the other co-worker? Maybe it's because she feels left out... office politics kind of stuff.

I can't think anything but jealousy if she is trying to pair me with the other woman

• Like 1

Yep, case of a Nosy Parker...

• Like 2
wonder how she will act if I go in her office and say "GOOD MORNING" with a big smile

She might run home to hubby excited and you end up in trouble

because you "came on to her BIG TIME!

As my 22yo daughter said to me the other day, some people think you're coming on to them when you merely smile.

Cray cray

You could just ask her?

Ask about her concern / attention.

I would!

Be brazen but be careful. Set her straight.

Lion Heart.

Are you really silent at work? Do you tell people good morning as a general rule, or just keep your head down and not speak to anyone? That's how this comes off, to me.

Sounds to me like she's just joking with you and trying to get out of your shell. And maybe she is nosy and wondering if you're having an office romance with this other woman. People in offices get bored.

I don't see anything sexual there. I think you're reading into it.

• Like 2
  • Author
Are you really silent at work? Do you tell people good morning as a general rule, or just keep your head down and not speak to anyone? That's how this comes off, to me.

Sounds to me like she's just joking with you and trying to get out of your shell. And maybe she is nosy and wondering if you're having an office romance with this other woman. People in offices get bored.

I don't see anything sexual there. I think you're reading into it.

Why would she care if she wasn't attracted to me?

Lernaean_Hydra

Because maybe, as another poster said, she feels left out? Maybe she's bored or just felt like lightly teasing you about an office romance between you and a colleague? I'm really not seeing much in the way of flirting here. Like, at all. Can you really not imagine another reason beyond that she's definitely sexually interested and willing to risk her marriage for you? Because....:confused:

• Like 2
Michelle ma Belle

I'm sorry but I'm not understanding the title of your post.

What does being married have anything to do with being nosy?

You're either nosy or you're not. Being married doesn't change that. It's not like she's being inappropriate or even flirting with you from what I can tell, she just sounds like someone who doesn't want to be excluded for whatever reason.

And IF she indeed has a small office crush on you, so what? Unless or until it crosses some personal boundaries it's human nature to continue being attracted to the opposite sex whilst in a relationship or not. Just because she might have a small crush doesn't mean it goes any further than what it is for heaven's sake.

I'm don't understand why her behavior is making you freak out about "marriage" as a whole.

Personally I think you're reading way too much into this.

If she feels "LEFT OUT" because OP simply talks to another co-worker, she needs to take a chill pill and get a life. Sounds like she's jealous/has a crush. Does she whine about the time you spend with male co-workers too?

So...is that a yes, you're really silent at work?

Sometimes people just want to talk to other people. It doesn't always have to be sexual. I think she was trying to be funny and didn't realize you wouldn't get that. I don't think she's interested in you at all.

Again, I think you're reading into it.

• Author
If she feels "LEFT OUT" because OP simply talks to another co-worker, she needs to take a chill pill and get a life. Sounds like she's jealous/has a crush. Does she whine about the time you spend with male co-workers too?

Nope only that one particular women and if she sees me on their she teases me about being in her office

I thought banter only took place if there is attraction

Banter is just banter, there may be sexual attraction but there doesn't have to be.

Banter n. the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks

• Like 2
  • Author
Banter is just banter, there may be sexual attraction but there doesn't have to be.

Well I will be a little playful with her today so I can know for sure. Lol

I banter with everyone! Definitely doesn't mean there is attraction!

Just sounds like she's nosy and curious about why you're always in the other woman's office and like she's trying to figure out what you're up to. Normal office BS. Not sure what that has to do with marriage at all.

• Author
Just sounds like she's nosy and curious about why you're always in the other woman's office and like she's trying to figure out what you're up to. Normal office BS. Not sure what that has to do with marriage at all.

Because I took it as she was jealous I wasn't in her office all the time. And the fact that she is married made it odd because it didn't seem like she would care since she is already married