Women breakup 70% of the times

Hello all,

i read often in this forum that women do the breakup the 70% of the times, so i want to ask if there is a real statistic about this, if so please link some url.

Thanks

M

IMO, the closest anyone could come to a verifiable statistic is through collating of nationwide court records of lawsuits filed for divorce or dissolution of domestic partnership and which gender the petitioners were. Even that may not be accurate due to the disparity between reported statistics and what actually happens to bring about the statistical data. As an example, a couple might choose for one spouse to file because of the specifics of their circumstances or to gain relief from the court regarding costs.

Beyond recorded legal statistics, everything else is anecdotal and self-reported.

For example, I could answer a statistical survey that I split up with my exW; that assertion would run counter to the official record, where she filed as petitioner. I could simply be lying or the report could be accurate in both regards. A survey can't read people's minds for truthful and accurate data.

All that said, most men I know are pretty loathe to break up their families or marital routine so it has to be something big and ugly to make them file. So far, in cases where I've known the couple, the only verifiable cases have been due to substance abuse, both alcohol and drugs (hard drugs). I discount infidelities because those are he said, she said circumstances and there's no way for an outsider to determine cause with any accuracy, compared to observing the actual substance abuse.

As far as links, here's a sample:

FastStats - Marriage and Divorce

Expect that deeper, more comprehensive legal information will cost money to access.

• Like 3
evanescentworld
Hello all,

i read often in this forum that women do the breakup the 70% of the times, so i want to ask if there is a real statistic about this, if so please link some url.

Thanks

M

Please provide a link that gives that figure as accurate. Where do you get 70% from? Or have you just plucked that figure out of the air, at random....? :confused:

Women may initiate the break-up, but surely it follows therefore, that 70% of men drive them to it, don't you think..?

evanescentworld

Doc Love? Don't make me laugh.... If you set any store by that, you're more foolish than I thought...

He's a septuagenarian, a salesman, and has absolutely no kind of qualifications, at all....

Really? I mean, REALLY...?! . :lmao:

Edited by evanescentworld
Please provide a link that gives that figure as accurate. Where do you get 70% from? Or have you just plucked that figure out of the air, at random....? :confused:

Women may initiate the break-up, but surely it follows therefore, that 70% of men drive them to it, don't you think..?

Nope. While some men are responsible for their partner leaving, what you said is not accurate. Many leave relationships for various reasons that have nothing to do with their partner. For example, cheating and leaving is not the fault of the betrayed. Others leave for a whole host of reasons like not wanting to be in a relationship at all with anybody, moving away and realizing a long distance romance won't work, coming to terms with ones sexual identity, not being on the same page regarding goals/values/future plans and mental health issues.

• Like 1
Look up Doc Love and he will tell you this.

Yeah, because we all know he has a real PhD...

Who cares who breaks up? Relationships end. That's life. Like I said and then it disappeared somewhere else, in real life no one is entitled to getting laid or having a GF/BF.

Yeah, because we all know he has a real PhD...

Who cares who breaks up? Relationships end. That's life. Like I said and then it disappeared somewhere else, in real life no one is entitled to getting laid or having a GF/BF.

I don't think anyone in this thread is advocating that people are entitled to sex or attention from women so I'm not sure where you are coming from in these statements. It sounds like you are arguing against a point of view that nobody is promoting here.

littleblackheart
Hello all,

Thanks

M

Two-thirds of divorces are initiated by women in the UK and the USA - very easily accessible and reliable data online - but it obviously doesn't mean anything in terms of the reasons for the divorce; there are no such statistics for breakups in general.

• Like 2
Two-thirds of divorces are initiated by women in the UK and the USA - very easily accessible and reliable data online - but it obviously doesn't mean anything in terms of the reasons for the divorce; there are no such statistics for breakups in general.

Absolutely fascinating.

Interesting too, that most single women on POF also are not seeking a relationships.

The real question is...why? (new thread)

• Like 1

The american association of blood banks also determined that more than 20% of children have a father who could not possibly be the real father based on blood type alone, and that the number could only be higher if using a kore accurate test like dna

• Like 1
littleblackheart
Absolutely fascinating.

Interesting too, that most single women on POF also are not seeking a relationships.

The real question is...why? (new thread)

This is going to sound like an utterly ridiculous question (apologies in advance :) ) but I'm not sure I understand: isn't POF a dating website? Is there a specific section in which single women who aren't seeking a relationship have a profile? Unless there's a hint of sarcasm that I haven't picked up on, I can't get my head round this.

Also, in what way are these statistics fascinating? That's a genuine question btw :)

evanescentworld

He could sue her for the refund. I'm serious, he could take out a private prosecution against her, and oblige her to seek the real dad and get support from him.

• Like 1

Maybe they break up 70% of the time because 70% had crappy boyfriends...

Unless this is yet another whiny, women are tge root off all evil threads....

A simple way to collect data was if people posted here their gender if they were the dumper or dumpee in each relationship they've had.

I'm a male, and I was the dumpee in my relationship.

• Author
A simple way to collect data was if people posted here their gender if they were the dumper or dumpee in each relationship they've had.

Here is not a good statistical sample mate. Because dumpers don't mind very much to come in forums like this.

Here is not a good statistical sample mate. Because dumpers don't mind very much to come in forums like this.

Maybe for not their most recent relationship, but I'm sure that somebody who is a dumper may have been dumped before.

Maybe for not their most recent relationship, but I'm sure that somebody who is a dumper may have been dumped before.

Most people have been dumped at some point in their lives. From it we grow and realize what went wrong in the relationship and how to fine tune our "picker" for mates in the future.

To answer your question, I am a woman. I have ended two relationships and had two relationships ended by my then partners.

• Like 1

And what do we do about those circumstances in which the dumper did so because of infidelity?

The problem with stats is that they don't check if the person is happy in the relationship.

• Author
And what do we do about those circumstances in which the dumper did so because of infidelity?

The problem with stats is that they don't check if the person is happy in the relationship.

If the dumper was happy in the relationship he wasn't the dumper.

• Author

I found an answer myself. It's about the divorce, but i think this can be an "attitude" that women have also in relationships outside the wedding

Two-thirds of divorces are initiated by women,” said William Doherty, a marriage therapist and professor of family social science at University of Minnesota

Source: The New York Times

(interesting article btw)

• Like 1
This is scary stuff. I grew up with a girl who had one guy paying child support for years thinking her child was his only to find out she had cheated on him and didn't want him to know. Eventually, she came clean and everyone found out the real father, but not before the other guy spent thousands taking care of a child that was not his.

Extremely evil behavior. I hope you don't associate with such a horrible person like that anymore.

• Like 1
littleblackheart
I found an answer myself. It's about the divorce, but i think this can be an "attitude" that women have also in relationships outside the wedding

Two-thirds of divorces are initiated by women,” said William Doherty, a marriage therapist and professor of family social science at University of Minnesota

Source: The New York Times

(interesting article btw)

That's a quote from one guy, not an actual source.

For accurate stats, since you asked:

Divorce in America: Who Wants Out and Why? | Austin Institute by the Austin Institute for Family and Culture. Under the second graph (Perceptions of Desire for Divorce By Gender) is a link to a comprehensive study (also a very interesting read) by Brinig and Allen - it's a pdf so can't link it - called 'These Boots Are Made for Walking: Why Most Divorce Filers are Women'.

Happy reading!

• Like 2