Sexual Tension. Does it take two?

You know that great feeling that you get when you are near someone and you can barely control yourself from...yeh that.

What's weird is, i get this feeling toward a co-worker i wholeheartedly hate on a personal/working level (lazy). But we tease each-other often and i sometimes get this feeling when she is near me, i gotta literally attempt to slap myself.

Curious of what you folk know or think, does it take two for sexual tension to happen?

What i mean is...the one you get this feeling towards, would she be feelings it to toward you? ^^ Or that's just coincidence when it happens.

I know the name in itself means two..but i am unsure.

Edited by Xiang

You could have a ton of sexual tension and she could feel nothing. All that love and sexual feeling comes from your brain. Just because you feel something really has no bearing on whether the other person will feel it too. Just because your feelings are strong doesn't mean it's "meant to be." You can feel strongly someone is perfect for you and they can be not the least bit interested in you because you are not perfect for them.

• Author

Sooo...isn't this tension the same thing or similar to what people describe as chemistry?

I never felt it.

How can one tell that there is "chemistry" betwen two people, i always thought it's a feeling that's just shared like this tension.

I know there are more points of view, i am trying to understand.

I thought it's mutual like telepathy...i believe in telepathy to some extent.

DId i mention i hate this person? I just felt this tension once so it got me thinking. Why did i feel it?

Love/hate are similar emotions.

You need to suss whether she has that same feeling around you, otherwise it's just a crush.

If she has the same feeling then it's some chemistry.

I don't tease people I hate (too harsh a word - I'd use dislike) though. I speak to those folk only when I have to and never strike up any teasing nor conversation unless I have to.

I tease people I like and I tease people I find attractive.

When it's strong simultaneous mutual attraction, you will know. You will lock in on each other. It is rare it happens simultaneously and with the intensity you describe. You can have nonsexual chemistry with someone or you can have sexual chemistry like what you asked about. But strong sexual tension can be one sided and not mutual.