What exactly is a "romantic connection"?

What defines a romantic connection and can one help inspire it? Or is it just something that comes naturally that you can't control? I don't think I've ever had it honestly even though I've been out dating a bunch. I've been "friendly" to girls that I've liked and I've had a few nights of what I thought was a spark of romance but they always think that there is nothing there.

How can I stop being so damn friendly and be more romantic so that I can hold onto a relationship?

Edited by X14Halo
eye of the storm

A romantic connection is different for different people. Unfortunately, you kinda have to know your audience on this one.

One of my friends is moonlight/roses/music. Another got teary eyed when she came home from a work trip and her husband had built a greenhouse. I hate to say it for me, its food and appreciating my contributions.

And many men get caught up in the "friend-zone" fear. Since my divorce all the men I have dated started out as friends. We realized we enjoyed each others company and dated. And I am still friends with all of them even though we don't date anymore. Honesty, communication, and respect for each other.

Be yourself, relax, and it will happen.

Frank2thepoint

Flirting, banter, genuine compliments, and wanting to get to know the person. Also sharing deep things about yourself at the right moment. This means showing vulnerability. It's not a magic bullet formula, but it's a guideline. Also, if a girl does not ask you questions, to try to get to know you, she is not interested at all. Don't even bother trying to build a connection with such girls.