Still in love but having very hard times...

Me and my husband still love one another... But we fight to much. Not screaming throwing fights but disagreements. We finally got to the point where we are questioning how to move forward.

A little insight. . . I have a very stressful job, my husband is away weekly, and I am waiting to have my thyroid removed. I have been angry about so much for so long and it finally boiled over. Now there is a distance that wad not there before. I have been doing a lot of "soul searching" and have finally come to the root of my anger but in doing so put a gap between us... How do I/we begin to bridge this. From a man's point of view what do I need to do? Please and thank you.

Try to get some marriage counseling so you can both learn how to manage your stressors rather than taking them out on each other.

Anger and resentment are usually the result of unmet expectations. These expectations are often unrealistic, unmeetable, generalized notions such as... if he truly loved me, he would take away all of my pain and unhappiness. So both parties need to get rid of unreasonable expectations and express tons of appreciation. Try and meet each other's needs without keeping score or thinking it should be a quid pro quo kind of thing. This is general, applies to most couples.

You didn't say what you believe to be the root of your anger. That's a key piece of information that you left out. What is it?