Face or body more important in attraction?

I'm sure this isn't the first time this has ever been asked here... but what's more of a must-have for you? I'm not talking about a very obese person with a beautiful face; I'm asking if you could have average body and beautiful face, or average face and awesome body- which would you choose?

Granted I hope people here aren't so shallow that these are their only criteria in choosing a mate. Just curious!

• Like 2
Michelle ma Belle

If it was a choice between the two, I care more about a beautiful face to look at than a perfect body.

But as you pointed out, physical attributes aren't nearly as important to me as the more intangible qualities or things that cannot be seen with just our eyes.

• Like 1

I suppose average face, awesome body.

What I consider handsome is not the norm anyway.

Another's average (or even "ugly") is probably my perfect.

• Like 3
I suppose average face, awesome body.

What I consider handsome is not the norm anyway.

Another's average (or even "ugly") is probably my perfect.

Agreed. Average face, awesome body. It seems I have unconventional definitions of beauty. Take Meryl Davis for example. I find her gorgeous and I think she looks elegant and graceful. Lauren Lapkus is another example. She's adorkable.

Also, a person can put forth effort to attain an awesome body. Thus, having an awesome body can indicate dedication.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

Body....Thats what they make paper bags for.....:laugh:

Relax....Im only kidding...been one of those kind of weeks...:p

Truth told though, Id have to say body...I am a very physical person and like to be able to find common ground there...

My guess is guys say body, women - face...

TFY

Agreed. Average face, awesome body. It seems I have unconventional definitions of beauty. Take Meryl Davis for example. I find her gorgeous and I think she looks elegant and graceful. Lauren Lapkus is another example. She's adorkable.

Also, a person can put forth effort to attain an awesome body. Thus, having an awesome body can indicate dedication.

Your choices have unusual looks so I'm feeling you on this one.

I have a thing for noses.

My current had a slightly crooked but decidedly broad nose.

It's muah.

Adrien Brody and Daniel Day Lewis?

Got beak? You got me.

For a long term woman I'd prefer a completely plain face with stunning body. This should keep the bitchiness down.

For short term, stunning face and stunning body would be best.

A further requirement is a stunning set of lips and I don't mean the set on her face.

• Like 1

As long as the face is average, I care about the body most.

Though a great body for me can be a woman who could be 10-20 lbs overweight as long as she has large breasts.

I seriously don't care if a woman has a flat stomach and I like love handles; they're fun to squeeze. Women should be soft.

Face - the eyes are the first thing I look at. Average body is fine. You can always lose weight, but you can't lose ugly. If a guy scowls a lot and never smiles, that's ugly to me. Plus it means he probably doesn't have a sense of humor; and a guy with a perfect body who can't take a joke, is not attractive to me at all.

• Like 1
2.50 a gallon

There is no way I could chose. First off legs, long shapely legs, but being a short guy, many times that was one I had to live without. A Goldilocks body, not too short, not too tall, not too skinny, not too fat, and boobs the same. And she had to have a face I could kiss good morning to every day. Hair preferably dark, and brown eyes.

I come from a family of blondes with blues eyes and they are my least favorite. So what did I marry. A strawberry blonde with blue eyes. But she had a figure, 5'10, legs and a face that was foldout material

My current lady has it all, a grandma with a flat stomach and an hour glass figure, and a face I have been kissing many times each day for the past 19 years. Weight around 110, while the foldout material Ex is pushing 200

Divorce is the best thing that ever happened to me!

• Like 1

If I had to choose one or the other it's a pretty face over a nice body. But that being said, I wouldn't want to be with someone who doesn't have a body I don't find attractive. I don't mind a girl with some curves or a bit thin, but not obese.

I am more flexible about face than body, within reason, of course. A pretty face can never overcome the aversion created by an unattractive body. A great body can overcome an average face, though. Luckily for me, I didn't have to make a choice.

• Like 1

If I'm expected to be firm but soft under the wrapping because that is what most men seem to like j@cking off to (per playboy & penthouse...), the I guess I would like to find women's version of the 'hot guy' when I unwrap him. That'd be strong, hard & handsome. No six pack required though. He'd be at the gym more than with me...

• Like 1
lollipopspot
A further requirement is a stunning set of lips and I don't mean the set on her face.

What defines "a stunning set of lips?" Big? Small? ??

What defines "a stunning set of lips?" Big? Small? ??

Not big, not small, meaty, regular shaped - heart shaped for instance, but other shapes are good too. Less attractive is all wrinkled up. If the inner lips are not big enough to show through as is the case in young women, I don't find it appealing. What I find most disturbing is a fully grown woman with little of no inner lips. I believe this natural revulsing is to protect children.

• Author

This thread is turning out quite interesting. Haha. as a woman I too care more about face; Although my last boyfriends scrawniness and terrible posture turned me off even though he had a nice face.

Eyes first, shoulders second. Huge brown eyes, don't care about the rest of the face all that much. I'm with cerri, even. Good shoulders, not too fussed about the rest.

• Like 2

Well the guy I am currently hankering for is no oil painting at all, he has a nose like King Kong, a weird mouth but he does have the most gorgeous grey eyes. His body isn't what I would call attractive as he is as skinny as a whippet with pins for legs and massive shoulders that are all out of proportion and not my "type" at all. I usually go for thighs and the face on pretty much all my exes is very pleasing on the eye ;) Dark hair, blue eyes and chunky body...

So I guess neither...

To me he is amazing because he is older (my age) and still up for water fights, messing about and laughing. He is kind and gentle, he is fun and responsible all at the same time. He is an eclectic mix of all the positive things as well as being bit of a s47t sometimes... Thats why I am hooked on him. I am only taking quick looks at other men, I don't bother with a second... I have no desire at all for anyone else. If I fantasise its about him and his body and not anyone else... Never thought a skinny boy would be a turn on...

Shame I can't have him! Better get back to the big boys instead...!

Body here.

However first husband was short and skinny, he was a former bicycle rider and had great legs and a great butt, great smile, fantastic personality.

If I'm expected to be firm but soft under the wrapping because that is what most men seem to like j@cking off to (per playboy & penthouse...), the I guess I would like to find women's version of the 'hot guy' when I unwrap him. That'd be strong, hard & handsome. No six pack required though. He'd be at the gym more than with me...

No, he'd just have to control his eating. Workout wise...it requires high effort, but not much time.