If a woman rejects you, is it the end or can there be "comebacks"???

Before anyone asks, I always assume to keep searching even with a woman rejecting me, so I'm not stuck on trying with one. But this one is a little special, so I need to ask.

To try to keep a long story short, I met a woman. We hit it off at first (no joke, it was great). Even one of her friends commented to me how she (the woman I like) thought I was cute, in great shape, and a great dresser (I'm good at that). Then when she got to know me a bit, it didn't go too well (I'm not the best with women, and they can sense my insecurity for sure), but she was still talking to me. Then I finally got the guts to ask her out, and she said no.

Needless to say, we're still friends (I hate that.....she has referred me as such as well). So ladies (and gentz with knowledge as well), is it still possible eventually come back from a "no"??? Has anyone done it??? Anyone have any stories??? Can I come back from a "no", and get out of the "friendzone"???

And before someone says "don't obsess and find another one", I continue to look elsewhere regardless. But she is special (single too), and though I put my energy towards looking around, I really would want some advice for this situation. I'd love to hear from ladies who first rejected their significant others, only to get with him later on.

Thank you.

TheyCallMeOx
Before anyone asks, I always assume to keep searching even with a woman rejecting me, so I'm not stuck on trying with one. But this one is a little special, so I need to ask.

To try to keep a long story short, I met a woman. We hit it off at first (no joke, it was great). Even one of her friends commented to me how she (the woman I like) thought I was cute, in great shape, and a great dresser (I'm good at that). Then when she got to know me a bit, it didn't go too well (I'm not the best with women, and they can sense my insecurity for sure), but she was still talking to me. Then I finally got the guts to ask her out, and she said no.

Needless to say, we're still friends (I hate that.....she has referred me as such as well). So ladies (and gentz with knowledge as well), is it still possible eventually come back from a "no"??? Has anyone done it??? Anyone have any stories??? Can I come back from a "no", and get out of the "friendzone"???

And before someone says "don't obsess and find another one", I continue to look elsewhere regardless. But she is special (single too), and though I put my energy towards looking around, I really would want some advice for this situation. I'd love to hear from ladies who first rejected their significant others, only to get with him later on.

Thank you.

This seems like a classic example of incompatibility. A woman was interested in you physically, learned about your personality, and decided that your personality traits are too incompatible with hers. You may be a good lookin' dude, but that doesn't mean you're going to land a relationship with her despite the fact that you and her aren't a match. It's unfortunate how well you can hit off with someone without knowing a single thing about them, but spending time with people...at some point, you actually learn stuff about them: stuff you may like, and stuff you may not like. Physically, you may got what the woman wants, but a great body is only 1/4th the battle, my friend. Physically, people can change. However, if a woman isn't interested in you because of your personality...that's something you can't change. You can fake it, pretend to be some dude you're not, but that's only going to make you miserable and I PROMISE YOU, bro, NO WOMAN is worth that kind of effort. 'Cause in the end...is there ever a guarantee that they'll stay with you? All we can really be is ourselves, and face the truth as we go.

With that being said, I'll never forget when my ex-girlfriend told me "there's always a chance of getting back together." Sh*t like that kills you, though. You can't wait for a woman to change her mind. You can't wait on anybody because the longer you wait, the more hurt you're going to get when you potentially realize that you've wasted all that time on one particular person who would never like you the way that you wanted to. And you know what? It sucks, dude. There is absolutely no justification for you to wait on one woman. You may find a woman on here with a nice story about how she originally rejected her significant other, but the truth is not every situation works out the same way. People can come up with some pretty bizarre stories about all kinds of things. Her telling you "no" is all that you need to move on and find someone else. Yeah, she's special. So was my ex-girlfriend, but had I have not had the mentality that "she's worth the hope," I wouldn't be in the position I'm in now where life is a daily struggle. Don't fall into the trap of disappointment. Focus on yourself, live your life, and a better woman will come by. You can find a woman who originally rejected her SO, but I can also find a man who thought he found "the one" and found someone better. Although any circumstance can happen, you have to focus on which one benefits you the most. There isn't much benefit to hanging on to one particular woman regardless of how amazing you claim her to be.

Hope this helps, and I'm sorry things didn't work out with her. You already know what to do at this point.

Edited by TheyCallMeOx
  • Like 1