Is it really that easy to read the buying signals?

Obviously not otherwise this board would not exist and there would be no reason for anyone to come here and get the opinions of faceless strangers about whether someone is interested or not.

Some of the signs can be used as a guideline to get a better idea of the likelihood of interest but it is not always cut and dry. Too many variables and each person is unique in the way they express their interest in someone.

I myself run a huge risk of giving women the wrong idea that I'm not interested and so they may walk away thinking I do not dig them when the truth is many times I go to great lengths to conceal my high interest level out of fear or because of other external pressures and circumstances. If a certain woman was interested in me and she came to this board to seek advice as to whether or not I feel the same way about her most would probably come to the conclusion that "he's just not that into you" if I wasn't here to explain myself.

And even when I do get around to revealing my interest in a woman it can take a long time. There were women I dated in the past and I can say I kept my interest concealed for a few months and all that time I would think about them constantly. They would never guess that they were on my mind all the time since I kept making it appear the opposite.

And yes sometimes men like myself will go to great lengths to avoid a woman that they develop attraction to maybe in the hopes that over time we can talk our interest level down. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't work.

If everyone was expected to be able to read other people perfectly then this board would not exist since nobody would ask questions about is so and so interested?

• Like 1
Smilecharmer

Stop letting fear dictate your actions. If interested, act interested. The intensity of you pretending no interest is making certain women don't get close to you. Be yourself. Don't play games. Then you will attract a like minded person. Learn how to not mistake physical interest for emotional interest because you are investing too much emotionally into initial meetings and interactions. If a guy showed me little or reserved interest when first meeting or early dating, I would have moved on to the guy who I thought really wanted to get to know me. I'm a healthy well adjusted sort though so you might not be interested in that type if you like drama and immaturity. Only drama queens and immature girls play games and like a guy who has no interest in them. By pretending to have no interest, you are communicating you want nothing to do with the girl. That is worse than being rejected because one of the girls you are acting coy and uninterested in could have been the one.

• Author

But if fate has it mapped out for me to be with someone then my right match will be a woman who thinks the same way I do. Meaning she may have high interest but hesitant to reveal it.

One of two things would happen in that scenario. We would either never have a relationship because neither one of us is willing to break the ice or one of us sticks our neck out. So ideally I would need a woman who lets fear dictate her decisions.

Smilecharmer
But if fate has it mapped out for me to be with someone then my right match will be a woman who thinks the same way I do. Meaning she may have high interest but hesitant to reveal it.

One of two things would happen in that scenario. We would either never have a relationship because neither one of us is willing to break the ice or one of us sticks our neck out. So ideally I would need a woman who lets fear dictate her decisions.

You are getting in your own way. When you get older and more mature you will find practicality is more useful than inane armchair Philosophy.

• Like 2
  • Author

But that's just it. I can't rule out the possibility that I may have already met my match who may be acting the same way towards me that I am towards her. It could be that we are both avoiding each other because we like each other. It may not be a coincidence that we have begun to go quiet on each other and avoid each other around the same time whereas before we could talk naturally to each other because the feelings were only friendship before. It is only when my feelings progress that I start to avoid that person.

• Like 1
But that's just it. I can't rule out the possibility that I may have already met my match who may be acting the same way towards me that I am towards her. It could be that we are both avoiding each other because we like each other.

I can't rule out the possibility that this world is just a cheap model some giant alien bought for his giant alien child to play with.

Besides, how would a woman who doesn't show any interest -- and therefore makes development of a relationship highly unlikely -- be your "match"?

• Author

Because that would mean we both have one thing in common and that is being afraid to fall in love and afraid to follow our hearts. That is the kind of woman I ultimately belong with. There's someone to fit everyone. There's bound to be a few women who react the same way I do when getting high interest.

Because that would mean we both have one thing in common and that is being afraid to fall in love and afraid to follow our hearts. That is the kind of woman I ultimately belong with.

How do you know that? Successful partnerships often exhibit balance. Successful partners often compliment one another.

Maybe you have met that woman. But since neither of you are inclined to do anything about it, how will the relationship ever form? From two people nervously staring at their shoes and twiddling their thumbs?

• Author
How do you know that? Successful partnerships often exhibit balance. Successful partners often compliment one another.

Maybe you have met that woman. But since neither of you are inclined to do anything about it, how will the relationship ever form? From two people nervously staring at their shoes and twiddling their thumbs?

Maybe I am satisfied with a relationship not getting off the ground for awhile.

The person with the most control over your life is you and the universe rewards momentum. God didn't give us brains so that he could sit around and micromanage our everyday lives. Fate is what you make it.

• Like 1
  • Author
The person with the most control over your life is you and the universe rewards momentum. God didn't give us brains so that he could sit around and micromanage our everyday lives. Fate is what you make it.

Or so you think. We can't definitively say one way or the other. It could be that fate wants us to have the illusion of being in control too.

When it comes to love relationships I believe it is all up to fate. There's a time to make things happen and there's a time to let things happen. When it comes to relationships I quit trying to make things happen.

Maybe that philosophy works for you about being in control of everything but that doesn't mean it works for everybody. It doesn't sit well with me.

Edited by Darren2013

If you over analyze, complicate things, you set yourself up for failure.....if you keep things simple, are straight forward, take chances, you set yourself up for success.